CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Cheers all,it looks better in the pics than in real life... :? and never been over 3k untill the managment is all sorted :cuckoo: ,and Shaun...thats a corsa sill mate :nono: :lol:

Ive done 400 ish Dave..not much but im in no rush. :wink:

i remember you saying you wanted a spray job done on the car James, judging by those pics, the car does not need one mate. :)

Nice and gentle, you know it makes sense. Just enough to get the rings bedded nicely.

Didn't think that pic was of the C, the exhaust just didn't look big enough :lol:

Even with part throttle with no boost and running no more than 3k its faster than most novas :tongue:

LOL, agreed! You read about low compression and short runners killing bottom end torque on VRTs, but I don't find that at all. In fact, the last healthy stock VR I drove felt gutless pulling away compared to mine.

Mind you, if you have a new engine, it just feels completely effortless (and smooth) everywhere in the rev range as it has a lovely bucket load of compression :D

I totaly agree Kev,it pulls very strong low down,its nothing like a sluggish stock VR :grin: a good part is down to the SP cams,they do work very well indeed :tongue:

as for the paint,it needs it,the pics make it look way to good! see it in the flesh and you will see the typical red problems... :( but im more interested in the oily bits than the tarty bits.... :camp:

as for the paint,it needs it,the pics make it look way to good! see it in the flesh and you will see the typical red problems... :( but im more interested in the oily bits than the tarty bits.... :camp:

Doesnt necessarily need paint if its just tired looking old paint :wink:

i was going to say as long as theres some paint to work with you can turn the bodywork around without a respray

Cheers Bally :grin:

well ive done the unbelivable and took a cutter to the raddo bonnet :ignore: :nuts: it needed some extra cooling,so i cut holes for vents,best thing ive done yet! all the temps are sooo much cooler and i thing they look good,like nostrils...sucking in some much needed fresh air :camp:

Picture026.jpg

yip...i have,it grows on you,i was like you at first mate,but ive grown to love them.... :tongue:

oh....and like what i always do to my cars they are there for a reason more than cosmetic looks... :wink:

Gawd that's a good looking motor. Clean shiny red paint really does look the nuts, and is set off really well by those RC's.

Super looking motor mate!

Lol! love the reactions... Cheers Jim! :tongue:

dont know about painting them yet or if they are staying,i like them ,they do look better in the flesh than the pics....its like marmite.....you know how that goes....and i love marmite :grin:

Think they look better in black tbh...

Agreed :salute: i wouldnt do it to mine, can see how they would benefit though but i'd say keep them black.

At first I wondered who the heck "A hole otter lovin" (PMSL!!) was.... :D

I like the idea of the bonnet vents, thought about it myself at one stage, but not sure I like those particular ones :lol: I thought about doing one Renault 19 16V one (colour coded) but with my turbo slung down low, I don't have any heat issues. 8)

Good on you for doing it though. Certainly pokes one in the eye of the Corrado purists :lol:

The more i look at it the more im starting to like it :ignore: :lol: i think because its a strong red and you have the black bits on it anyway they work!

Still wouldnt do it to mine though!

still unsure about those vents.....

what about some vents that run flush with the bonnet and don't stand out and upset the lines so much?

very much marmite i guess! - i'm all for stormcharged's comment of putting some spacers in to raise the rear of the bonnet slightly...

hows the running in coming now anyway buddy - anymore news on what you will be doing management wise once you are ready for it? i'm surprised you didn't snap kev's old dta up when karl had it up for sale....