CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Do I detect some spare red-tops?

How many miles have they done? & Are they for sale? :confused4:

looking good james - can't wait to see this one running properly finally!

i forgot to mention that you're a git by the way - i wanted that short shift! hope you enjoy it buddy, i've ended up getting mine sorted elsewhere now - have to wait and see what it's like once i get it back...

bring on the C2 software and turbo loveliness :D

thanks all,its done now all OBD2'd runs like a kitten! same as before :lol: ! But with no pinking at all and very smooth low down grunt.

Still on same boost ,9psi untill the o44 pump is fitted then i will up the boost and then the fun begins.

No fault codes,only thing to do is to get my aux pump to work... :shrug:

Yay! Welcome to the benefits of OBD2 mate..... low down smoothness and grunt is hugely better than OBD1!

I got an 044 in the cupboard too, but the Walbro cosworth intank is holding out fine for now. Are you going to run your stock intank direct to the 044 or via a swirl tank? I think a swirler is a good idea as I occasionally get fuel surge when hammering it over a roundabout intersection when the tank is 1/4 full. You nail the gas in 4th just after the hooning over the cambers and the motor kind of "phuts" and stammers until fuel pressure rebuilds. Gotta get my 044 on and a cadbury's swirly curly. Make me one whilst you're there :lol:

What's up with your aux pump? it's a real simple circuit actually...... I don't use mine anymore anyway. All it does is drain the battery!

Cheers Kev,buy the way i did not do anything with the immobilizer wires etc,just pluged in the ecu and it fired up!

Also they have deleted the purge valve,so no fault codes to flash up :cheers:

When i looked at vag cam i saw that the C2 is V3....must be newer than the one you had?

As for the aux pump,i still like it to work for a while when the ignition is switched off to reduce heat soak,have not looked into yet,will do it tommorw,there was a multiplug on the mk3 loom that pluged into a fan controll unit like the vr,one of the wires goes direct to the aux pump,i suspect i will have to find which wire i have to use from the corrado fan reley to sort out that.

If i was using the braille it would flatten it asap,but with a normal battery(why did i even change it !) it will be fine.

But thats the only fault,bar a few that i sorted while i was just installing the loom,but defo been worth it :D

As for the pump,i will use it inline with the stock pump,this should have plenty of flow for my needs and no melted pistons.. :clap: dont know if i want to fit a swirl pot yet,cant see it ever running out of fuel with the stock pump :scratch:

Also as a added bonus,as ive removed the idle valve i have no hissing noise from the manifold anymore :tongue:

Aye, that stepper motor throttle is miles better than an idle valve. I can't wait until DTA release their DBW box and I'll then enjoy the same hiss-less luxury :lol:

Thing is with the swirl pot, my walbro intank actually sits a few mm lower than the factory pump, but when you get to a 1/4 full, the fuel can slosh so far over to the left that even that can gulp air. It only does it on a particular section of road if I'm driving too quick. Keep the tank at 1/2 and above and you'll be fine.

I dunno, maybe I just need to slow down a bit :lol:

I'm looking into a timer circuit to replace the bulky fan controller, that way the after run can still work and I can get the DTA to switch the fan on, which will give a tidier engine bay.

sounds like you got some good luck there with the C2 and immob stuff! Yeah they disable the carbon can purge valve in software, which is useful!

I had that problem with my sytec pump,i rate the pump,but not how they fit.....Even with Stealths fitting kit! I still have the sytec but it gathers dust now.

Going to run -8an fuel hose direct from the 044 to my rail,so plenty of good old fuel...glad the price of fuel has come down :lol:

thanks for the pointers Kev :salute:

Well done on getting the wirin sorted, I havent touched my car for 3 weeks but I might pick your brain when Im doing my wiring :lol:

Yes mate they are spare,unknown mileage? but they work fine,make us an offer.....

They do look like they've had some service - are they ready for an ultrasonic clean?

One appears to have rubber seal missing?

If all intact how about £40.

Yes mate they are spare,unknown mileage? but they work fine,make us an offer.....

They do look like they've had some service - are they ready for an ultrasonic clean?

Ok mate they are yours,PM your details :D

Well done on getting the wirin sorted, I havent touched my car for 3 weeks but I might pick your brain when Im doing my wiring :lol:

No worries mate,there are bits that are not mentioned on the net,one is the wiper wiring.... :bad-words:

Sorted my aux pump,easy one that,gave it a good run today,nice and smooth no problems and never missed a beat, idles sooooooo smooth! so all in all its been well worth it :grin:

Also seems to be better on the juice :cheers:

Going to run -8an fuel hose direct from the 044 to my rail,so plenty of good old fuel...glad the price of fuel has come down :lol:

No worries mate. I'm really glad you're getting some good results now. Some light at the end of the tunnel eh?! :D

Can you let me know what kind of job it is to run new hoses up through the floor, front to back? I hate those winky little bore plastic pipes VW use. Jubilee clamps just crush them in :bad-words: Doesn't look like there's much room to get -6 through the holes in the floor underneath, let alone -8!! You nutter :lol:

My 044 has -6 outlets so I'll stick with that gauge I think. You don't need -8 unless going for the really big hp and you have a pump that can fill that much tube capacity whilst maintaining 5+ bar pressure.....i.e. the big old SX!

I thought about using that -6 annealed alloy tubing and fittings Speedflow sell and make up some hardlines?

Ok mate they are yours,PM your details :D

No worries mate,there are bits that are not mentioned on the net,one is the wiper wiring.... :bad-words:

Sorted my aux pump,easy one that,gave it a good run today,nice and smooth no problems and never missed a beat, idles sooooooo smooth! so all in all its been well worth it :grin:

Also seems to be better on the juice :cheers:[/quote:2iixvgiz]

What's the situation re the missing seal?

If that's sorted then it's a deal! :D

No worries mate. I'm really glad you're getting some good results now. Some light at the end of the tunnel eh?! :D

Can you let me know what kind of job it is to run new hoses up through the floor, front to back? I hate those winky little bore plastic pipes VW use. Jubilee clamps just crush them in :bad-words: Doesn't look like there's much room to get -6 through the holes in the floor underneath, let alone -8!! You nutter :lol:

My 044 has -6 outlets so I'll stick with that gauge I think. You don't need -8 unless going for the really big hp and you have a pump that can fill that much tube capacity whilst maintaining 5+ bar pressure.....i.e. the big old SX!

I thought about using that -6 annealed alloy tubing and fittings Speedflow sell and make up some hardlines?

An 8 is overkill :cuckoo: but ive got some left over an6 and 8 hose,so i probably will use the an6 and step it up to an8 on the rail but i will let you know mate and post up some pics as i go along . :)

Ive run AN 8 from the Sytec Cossie lift pump to my swirl pot, then on to the Bosch 044 and then up to the filter and FPR. Its then split to AN 6 to feed the fuel rail from both ends. I am running AN 6 return all the way through. It was a bit tight going through the underside box section on my Golf but thats all.

Ive run AN 8 from the Sytec Cossie lift pump to my swirl pot, then on to the Bosch 044 and then up to the filter and FPR. Its then split to AN 6 to feed the fuel rail from both ends. I am running AN 6 return all the way through. It was a bit tight going through the underside box section on my Golf but thats all.

Same set up as mine Alex :lol:

VRT 027 (Large).JPG[/attachment:1zev1aie]

Similar mate, my swirl pot is in the boot though and my filter is under the bonnet. I may have asked before Shaun but is your swirl pot baffled?

you got a PM

I was toying with fitting everything underneath but its so tight with a 4 litre tank, filter and pump! JKM have done an amazing job getting all 3 under there.