Sign in to follow this  
dobbo

Replacing the lambda sensor

First post so hello to one and all. As will become apparent I am not too good in the mechanics department so please forgive any stupid questions. I have an L reg 2 litre Corrado but its running very rich and I'm only getting 20mpg average. I'm thinking I need a new lambda. Can somebody tell me where abouts I can find it and how easy it is to remove? Are German&Swedish likely to carry a replacement?

Hi dobbo and welcome to the forum, There are lots of threads on this subject just put "lambda" in search and have a quick read up pal. You can check to see if it's working by using a volt meter, If it is kippered my advise would be to get a new one from vw because if it packs in again inside the 2 years warranty vw will change it and fit it free .

Cheers Chris.

Thanks Chris. I have checked the searches already and although there are a whole load of references to it I can't actually find anything that will just tell me where to look to find the lambda. I'm sure its quite a simple job to find but as I dont have much room and not a great selection of tools was just hoping for a bit of simple info before I start.

It will be a real git to get out out if its been in there for a long time.

For the sake of maybe £10 i would probably take it to an exhaust fitters as they would have the correct tools and heat.