Sign in to follow this  
Riley

A.B.S Playing up now...

92 G60.

ABS Light stays on once ive started the car...If i coast down the road and turn ignition off/back on then the light goes out.

What does this mean?

Neil.

Cheers for the suggestion...

Just one quick question, Would vag com plug in under the gear lever?

Its just that i have seen that these 2 plugs lead to nowhere (a dead end :? ) when i swapped the whole interior from grey to black...

Neil.

correct, plug under the housing of the gearstick is for VAG-COM. For local VAGCOM owners, see the sticky thread in the Engine section.

alternatively, some people on here, Tempest, know the blink codes for the older Corrados.

Light coming on constantly, then off once reset would suggest its the start of a problem. VAG com will help narrow it down to that one item, rather than replacing lots of expensive parts for no reason. If you're lucky, its typically the ABS sensors - cheap at GSF.

Aye but...

Its just that i have seen that these 2 plugs lead to nowhere (a dead end :? ) when i swapped the whole interior from grey to black...

Neil.

:? :(

I didn't think G60's supported VAG COM??? It's the earlier type blink diagnostics is it not? I could never get it work on mine.

..oh.

what like they have been cut?

They both (the two plugs) just plug into a black plastic block that connects to nothing :?

I didn't think G60's supported VAG COM??? It's the earlier type blink diagnostics is it not? I could never get it work on mine.

I have a 92 g60.I used vag-com on mine.I guess that dosn't really help riley. :scratch:

Folk on here have checked the resistance of the speed sensors to make sure they are ok.They are frequent causes of abs faults.Thats what the problem was on mine.

Doesnt vagcom work on G60's but only checks the abs, which is what you want, but no good if wires dont go anywhere.

I had problem on my VR, turning ignition off then back on and light would go out. Though problem seemed to sort itself out as the light comes on when engine is started and stays off. Possibly a stone or something stuck in one of the sensors?

Cheers guys...

As far as i know vag-com should read the abs...just strange about the wiring here...

Would be interesting to see where everyone elses plugs under the gear lever gaitors lead to?

Like i say,mine both lead into a dead end plastic block :?

I will try get around to testing the resistance of the sensors if i can plump up the enthusiasm. :( Just problem on top of problem...

Neil.

maybe the wires came out of said box behind where it was mounted and thus you can't see them leaving it??????

stick vag-com on it anyway just to be sure ??

Can't hurt.

Couldn't agree more m8...Never been a fan of all the mod cons.Power steering/abs/hydraulic clutch/leccy windows etc etc :lol:

Sorted it today by cleaning the sensors/brake discs up with some emory paper.

Light hasn't come on since...Fingers crossed :)

From the symptoms you describe it sounds as though it could well be one of your wheel sensors that has failed. Save yourself some time and measure the resistance of the sensors. If you have one reading higher than the other three it's probable shot.

Expect an average value to be around 1100 to 1200 ohms, if it's reading much more than this and higher than the rest or if it is open circuit then that is the first place to start.

The GSF ones are only around £18 for the front but not sure on the rears, think they may be the £40 mark.

Hope this helps.