Sign in to follow this  
thamouse1981

supercharged vr6

hi i used to own a stanrdard vr6 around 2 years ago and i want another i was going to spend around £6000 on a vr6 with as low miles as possible and keep it standard and mint, but then i see two charged up vr's for sale and got me thinking a little more about putting in more cash and putting a bigger smile on my face. My problem is this i need it as a daily driver doing 20 miles a day and the odd longer journey, i am good at electrics but not too hot on mechanics so i need it to be reliable. Question: How reliable is a charged vr6?

As reliable as any other C really. Need to change the supercharger belt ever so often but there's not all that much more to go wrong really.

I've not exactly done stacks of miles on mine but I've not heard of anyone having any real problems.

Depends how much you're throwing on it as well - obviously once you take into account Aquamist, intercooling, short runner intakes etc etc, you're going to increase the possibilities of things going wrong.

As far as value for money goes, either Nick's or Guy's are both well worth a look! Saves you the mechanical headache of having to fit everything yourself, plus it's undoubtedly cheaper to buy a car with the work already done. Just don't get a car that's too modded that will cause you grief if something does go wrong (unless you have a good mechanic close by).

mines been charged for approx 16months, and never had a problem. had to change the belt twice (20minute job) and thats been it. the car is my daily driver also doing approx 8k a year. i have a BM540 and also a seat leon on the drive, and the corrado 99% of the time gets driven???

i wonder why :evil:

but both the cars nicks and guys are both stunning cars, neither should give you any trouble.

karl

hi i used to own a stanrdard vr6 around 2 years ago and i want another i was going to spend around £6000 on a vr6 with as low miles as possible and keep it standard and mint, but then i see two charged up vr's for sale and got me thinking a little more about putting in more cash and putting a bigger smile on my face. My problem is this i need it as a daily driver doing 20 miles a day and the odd longer journey, i am good at electrics but not too hot on mechanics so i need it to be reliable. Question: How reliable is a charged vr6?

what superchargers have these two got on them?

You could always buy mine, as its quicker and more modern than the original VR, and then stick a charger on it and have the UK's first SC 24v Corrado????? :wink: