Sign in to follow this  
andygal

Couple of leaks

Hey need some help with 2 leaks i have.

First is on top of the engine on a pipe beside the MAF. There appears to be oil leaking on the pipe and the wiring connector that plugs into the part thatsin line with the pipe.

Second leak can only b seen from under the engine. Looks like its from the bottom of the injectors as the fluid is over te lower part of the manifold. The injectors are leaking slightly but it looks more like oil on the base of the manifold!!

Leakunderside.jpg

Leakengine.jpg

Leakclose.jpg

Any help with what these leaks may be an how to sort them would be great.

Cheers in advance,

Andy

helpppp.....eve what is the pipe/connector on top of the engine that the oil?? is leaking out of.

Cheers,

Andy

Hello, if you unplug that connector you'll see it's blank on UK corrado's so nothing to worry about, that pipe needs changing or at least cleaning - cheap from a Ford dealer.

The injectors - if it is fuel then you can get new O ring seals, i'd also change the one for the FPR while your at it as i have seen these wear on a VR

so can i by-pass the sensor or do i need too keep that in?? Whats the pipe for?? Also why a ford dealer n hat am i looking for lol.

Cheers,

Andy

That pipe is needed but the bit from the plug doesn't go anywhere - it's just to make it look tidy, unplug and have a look and you'll see what I mean...

Ford seem to be cheaper for VR6 bits than VW and they also sell more parts seperatly (I think you can buy that small pipe without having to get the whole assembly...) - just ask for that bit off a Ford Galaxy 2.4 VR6 :wink: