Sign in to follow this  
corrado vr6

found a vr 4 sale yr opinions pls

just a quickie im thinkin of sellin my valver and have seen a vr for sale black with leather interor, tax and tested, fvwsh, 55000 miles 17' alloys

its up at £6.5K i thought this was a tad expensive just wonderin wot you guys thought i havent seen it yet so can only tell you from the ad but it does sound good!! just that price :?

Difficult to say without you reporting on the condition of the car and the history that goes with it.

Suffice to say there are not many very low mileage ones around but the good ones that there are can command a good price.

looks a good C for the money but Blackpool is quite a way 4 me pitty as im sure its a cracker of a car!!

judging by wots been said £6.5 isnt over the top for a vr in tiptop condition then, just ive been lookin for a little while now and not seen many up for this amount lately, so i guess ill have to fone the seller and ask if the price is negotiable before travellin the hundred odd miles to go see!! just noticed this evening that its a trade dealer as well never bought from a garage before :?

For 6.5k id expect it to be a cracker, not just low miles but great condition..

Its worth remembreing that some cars out that are well over 100k are in great condition and have had all the maintenace required and have been used properly will be in better condition than some that have just sat for years on end...

Best example i can think of is Jims Valver, its got about 180k on it, i had one with 90k on it and it was a shambles in comparison...

Condition and history is the priority..

Mileage is always a consideration, but service history is more key to the cars condition (plenty of oil changes and replacement of key parts). I sold a VR6 with 43k on the clock and a full service history for 6.5k about a year and a half ago - when I originally bought the car it cost me 7k. The previous two owners had kept the service interval to every year so sometimes there was only three thousand miles between services. The leather was immaculate and the exterior better then most 5 year old cars and everything worked perfectly. That was enough to get me to part with my hard earned cash. Basically for a car which is over 10-15 years old, it had to be pretty well kept for me to part with my pennies no matter how rare, and its not that rare as there are normally 30-40 sitting on ebay.

So I well kept rado is worth its weight in gold and more - but in my opinion there are a lot rags out there (seen some this weekend) for total OTT prices just because its a Corrado and the bloke off the telly said 'they will be collectors items one day' and dealers are some of the funniest for pushing that angel.

EDIT - I second the advice over Stans car, you have a low mileage 24v there maintained by an obsessive owner.

Agree with Michael- my car's nearly on 190K now, but it's in much better nick than loads of others with much lower miles. It's got a really good history, and has had a full head rebuild. Low mileage doesn't always mean the car will be a minter, although it does mean it has the potential to be. And likewise, high mileage doesn't mean it's gonna be a shed...

Defo worth a look though 8)

I think I'd leave it for £6.5k. All the bushes and hoses and cack that breaks on other corrados will still go on this, as they'll still be 12 or so years old.

There's plenty of good solid cars around for decent prices at the moment, H8RRA has been trying to selly one recently for example.

I think I'd leave it for £6.5k. All the bushes and hoses and cack that breaks on other corrados will still go on this, as they'll still be 12 or so years old.

There's plenty of good solid cars around for decent prices at the moment, H8RRA has been trying to selly one recently for example.

Sorry Toad, don't agree, mine hasn't "he says frantically looking around for a piece of wood to touch" :lol: I have always been willing to pay more for the right car but never to a trader I have to admit. I've always trusted my judgement and luckily or not have never ended up with a lemon. Good examples are getting scarce and I'd certainly pay the right money for the right car. I'd suggest an independant inspection on this one and if it's pukka it's worth the money IHMO.

Sorry Toad, don't agree, mine hasn't "he says frantically looking around for a piece of wood to touch" :lol: I have always been willing to pay more for the right car but never to a trader I have to admit. I've always trusted my judgement and luckily or not have never ended up with a lemon. Good examples are getting scarce and I'd certainly pay the right money for the right car. I'd suggest an independant inspection on this one and if it's pukka it's worth the money IHMO.

Fair enough Bill.

I'd look at this as an opportunity to buy a £3000 vr (which should be pretty good), and spend £3500 on it getting it how you want rather than buying a £6500 car and not being able to afford to do anything to it.

But... as you say Bill, if it really is minty, there aren't many cars that good around.

Tom

toad your wrong, bills right. he has to be hes older and fatter :lol: :lol: and yes you should have been breathing in for that pic fom players bill :lol:

For that sort of money itd really need to be minty mint with detailed history that reads like war and peace not just stamps in a service book Look at some of the corrados around at the moment for similar money, modded and standard theres quite a few to choose from. Do you want something you make more personal or just a bone stock mint example. I dont mean to be personal but it also depends on your finiancial situation. This isnt a question i want answered just for one to think about, are you maxing your financial limit to buy it or do you have funds to allow running cost if the worst should happen and it it gives you a few big garage bills?

Each car is different and should be looked at individually on their own merits, you just need to decide what boxes you want ticked in your specific citeria

HTH

And by the way, Bills not really fatter than toad, its just water retention

Yeh, Thanks for pointing that out Gav! Can't wait for that thread to disappear - think I'll put something inappropriate on it so the Mods remove it :lol:

Good point well put Gav!

Yeh we all think differently Tom, would be pretty boring if we didn't eh? :)

Exactly. I think that's what makes the place interesting. There's always something or someone to capture your imagination.

Yeh, Thanks for pointing that out Gav! Can't wait for that thread to disappear - think I'll put something inappropriate on it so the Mods remove it :lol:

Calling me a ********* seems to work, lol....

Exactly. I think that's what makes the place interesting. There's always something or someone to capture your imagination.

You sticking your knob on someones shoulder when theyre no looking normally

Good point well put Gav!

Yeh we all think differently Tom, would be pretty boring if we didn't eh? :)

Calling me a ********* seems to work, lol....[/quote:b6d33]

As if :lol:

You sticking your knob on someones shoulder when theyre no looking normally

Slight lapse into Scottishness there Gav :lol:

If its a really good car then id pay £6500.

I paid a bit more than that for mine.

Prime example Ben! I'm sure you'll agree and worth every penny :)

Lovin the banter guys!! :lol:

I still feel that the seller is bein a bit ambitious with the price, that is why i asked as i wanted to know if it was just me or wether it was just over priced.

The mileage is obviously v low but with my valver when i bought it, it had 155000 miles and had a heap of reciepts for all kinds of work, and in the year ive owned it ive managed to spend £3K on it to keep it on the road (not that im complainin as i love my C and will be very sad to see it go) but havin a C with only 55000 miles its gonna need £££'s spent on the usual VW faults whereas with a higher mileage car these are ussually sorted and can make a better car. obviously the mileage is low and its completely standard in the lovely blackberry colour ( i realised i put black before) which makes it superb for makin my own but obviously that comes at a price to!!

I will be ringin the seller tomorrow so shall no more then.

I have never spent this kinda money before (ive never had this kinda money before its only from workin really hard and ridiculous hrs that i can even think bout doin this) so i was thinking of if i go for this one gettin the RAC to have a butchers and do one of those inspections, is this just a waste of money or a sensible thing to do anyone have any experience with these??