Sign in to follow this  
junkie

BMW 1 series coupe

So did i, 30k for the 135i beast, whats bmw quality like these days? Bet the interior is still naff though.

Dreadful. Really don't dig the baby BMW's. A 335i on the other hand..

I would love a 335i but im liking the 1 series coupe, jim you seen the advert? Were not talkingthe dreadful looking hatch here.

Probably the worst proportioned car ever put into production (IMHO), just when you think that the 1 series hatchback was probably a momentary styling error on the part of BMW they go and introduce this abortion. I have no doubt that the twin turbo 3 litre and the twin turbo 2 litre diesel are superb engines but I could not bring myself to own such an ugly car.

I'm glad its not just me Andy.

jim you seen the advert?

No mate, but I saw a bunch of pre-release photo's of the car on a forum not that long ago and decided then that I hated it. As Andy says (right on the money I might add) its proportions just look totally wrong.. its painfully awkward to look at.

And 30k?! I'm sorry but I just don't understand the mindset of people who buy cars like that! If you wanna go fast there are far cheaper and better ways of doing it.

Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. I'd rather have a new Fiat 500 than one of those.. be it gay / feminine / camp / whatever :)

^^^^^^^ :2gunfire:

I really like it personally, looks like its going back to the E30 M3 kind of, not so much in the styling but the whole sporty package.

That A1 is shocking! Its Audi's "we don't want a slice of the mini market.. honest" - the front end is appalling!!

See im liking the front on the Audi but not the rest of the car, i cant get enough of Audi's front ends recently....

Why do BMW keep doing this, as by the time you've specced it up you could afford a proper car or buy a cheaper one and use the spare wedge to mod it to your hearts content.

At the end of the day its so people can say they've got a 'Beamer'. But these days so has everyone else.

I think the 1 series Coupe looks a heck of a lot nicer than the 5 door, but as Jim says though, feck paying £30K for a bottom rung BMW. If you really must have one, import it or something. Don't give UK dealers the satisfaction of raping your wallet.

I like the idea of the smallest, lightest BMW with that engine, but not at that price. For £4K less you can get an S3 + Morego remap and get 330hp. Granted the S3 looks dull but it's better spec'd, better made, MUCH better interior, handles better, accelerates faster and will have better residuals.

Cheesewire - here what you're saying and completely agree apart from UK dealers raping customers - its actually BMW GB who are doing the raping, BMW dealers operate on the same (small) margins as other dealer networks

Thanks for the correction. In that case, boycott BMW GB and buy on the continent, or from one of those Car supermarket places!

I think BMW have lost the plot with their pricing.

I actually kind of like the coupe version of the 1 series. It's escaped being hit with the fugly stick too many times.

.... I've driven a 5dr 130i M Sport and rather enjoyed pedaling the straight six along, so a 135i would be tasty.

Does make you wonder why a manufacturer can't produce a small 2+2 rear wheel drive coupe in a stiff two door bodyshell, bung in a small capacity high revving engine with about 180 bhp, fit a basic switchable traction control, switchable ABS, hydraulic power steering, keep sensible sized wheels + tyres so its nothing but grip, keep the weight down by steering clear of most luxury items but keep elec windows and central locking.

Price it at £17,000 and watch the enthusiasts flock to it