Sign in to follow this  
Albie

2.0L 16V 9A exhaust manifold torque settings

Can anyone advise on torque settings for the 6 manifold to downpipe nuts, and the 8 manifold to head nuts on a 2.0L 16V 9A? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks.

Duhh! I have that doc available too, and I never noticed they were there. Thanks Easypops. Another "Senior Moment" comes and goes!

Anything on the manifold to downpipe nuts? (They aren't there as well are they? :oops: )

I think I may have answered my own question and found it didn't need asking after Easypops' post! I have managed to find the setting for the 1.8L 16V Golf online. It's not a Corrado but can't be too different. That seems to be 18ftlbs/25Nm too. I guess that was what Easypops meant in his last post. If no one says different I will have to assume that this is correct and the head/manifold and manifold/downpipes are both set to the same 18ftlbs 25Nm.

albie, in the haynes manual for the passat 9A engine it says Manifold to Downpipe 40 nm 30lbf ft

i hope this helps :D

Thanks Easypops. I guess the Corrado is a different beast after all. Shows the value of the forum doesn't it, 18 to 30 is a bit of a jump to get wrong! 30lb ft/40Nm it is and thanks.