Sign in to follow this  
bad-vw-boy

corrado mid engine rwd

Hi

New to the forum , but i was hoping that you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am looking to purchse a corrado in the near future to use as my weekend fun car, as i have a family i cant afford to be booting it around in a nice car during the week days, so i have opted for a diesel for the family and a fun car for me for the weekends and shows.

Right this is my thought, i want to build a mid engine rwd ulitmatly an awd but i think that is going to be too complicated and expensive, i want to run probably a V8 4.2 audi engine, but i am open to options, i dont want her to handle like a dog so weight distrebution is important.

So what do you guys think, any suggestions and advice welcome :D

VR6 turbo/supercharged (300-400bhp) with 4wd running gear has been done a few times. U'll need a golf syncro rear floor plan welded in. Think theres a few on here with it done.

Probably most members of this forum have dreamed about doing this sort of thing, but the main problem I see with changing a front wheel drive car to a mid-engined rear wheel drive car is that you then have to somehow convince a FWD chassis to handle correctly with next to no weight over the front wheels, sure you can get adjustable springs/dampers, but I think you would end up with some serious compromises along the way. Just my 2p worth, Mid-engined cars handle well but they are design around the engine!