Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

VR starting issues

Evenin' all

Had an issue with my VR for the last few weeks where it won't always start first time. From dead cold it seems to start the first time you turn the key, but then a lot of the time it might take 2/3 trys to start it. To start with it was only doing this about once a week, but now it seems to do it almost everytime i'm in the car and seems worse if the car is warm.

It happened at the summer scorcher when Dinkus was in the car and he said something about fuel pressure regulator, can anyone (Dom?) ellaborate on this or offer up some other possible issues it might be?

All help appreciated as usual

Cheers, Mic

I would be more inclined to blame a temp sensor myself, particularly if it runs rough from a warm start for a while.

Hope not, i've only just changed that! :( But I know they can just go without warning.

Once it's actually started it seems to run completely fine, whether hot or cold, just seems to have trouble starting sometimes....

Hope not, i've only just changed that! :( But I know they can just go without warning.

Once it's actually started it seems to run completely fine, whether hot or cold, just seems to have trouble starting sometimes....

Could this be caused by the cam sensor? It sounds like it could be a synching issue? Just suggestions of course....:?

Have you tried vag com?

It was the blue temp sender you changed? I'd try watching the values on vag com from cold to running, see if the sender is right. It could be damage to the wiring for that sensor.

Mine starts first time, but if you release the key to quick, it can be a bugger to get going again.

Are your plugs nice and clean?

I did test it a little while ago on Vag-com and it didn't show up any errors, although i didn't run the car for long with it on.

It was the blue temp one I changed, although I have been thinking of changing the others as my fan isn't working on speed 1 at the moment so maybe I'll just change all at the same time.

And unfortunately, I've lost my plug lead remover at the moment so can't check those. I guess I need to do a bit more investigation on the usual suspects really.....