Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Clutch - mileage

Hi all,

Booked car into Stealth for new clutch, mine is on the way out at 149750 miles.

Wondered what sort of mileage others had got from their clutch before having to change.

Wendy

I swapped mine out when I did the cam chains job at 112K, the plate thickness of new clutch I bought looked identical to the one I was taking out. At the time I'd already owned the C six years and bought it with less than 50K on the clock so I can't believe it had one before.

Yeah 150k is good for a clutch but also shows the engine has been well treated...

I would be a bit worried about the chains at that mileage tho, is uncle Vince doing these also?

Yes, Uncle Vince is doing this job.

Of course my car engine has been treated well. :D

Still uses no oil between services - and only a little water - hoses perishing, new radiator some months back. Even then I caught it very early and no rise in temperature gauge in car, so know i have not damaged the head gasket either.

With the Clutch replacement will also be new Chains and Head Gasket although chains not causing a concern. Vince advised due to the labour time to do the clutch, it is wise to complete these at the same time.

It's booked for the end of November so hopefully the clutch lasts that long, did learn years ago how to drive a vehicle without a clutch, would find it terribly embarrassing at every jucntion, roundabout etc. :lol: