Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Who actually runs a Bastuk exhaust system?

I've been looking at these systems for a lil while. I understand that you can get them with more or less silencers than a 'standard' system.

Now, part of me wants to recreate the humble sound of my old mk2 golf that had a magnex system on. It sounded very nice lower down in the rev range. Downside is, they cost like £350-£400.

However, being at the young age of 21 there is still a small part of me that wants to be a noisy rebel. The cheapest Bastuk exhaust system can be bought for £200-£250. However, this system has NO silencers, and with it being an early valver there will be no cat either, so it will most likely be insanely loud!

Opinions?

I quite like the Magnex on mine - it's nice and quiet when you're just pootling around town/trying to be quiet late at night, but growls nicely when you give it some beans.

So it's the best of both worlds in my mind, especially as you can cruise on the motorway without the exhaust going BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA the whole time.

I quite like the Magnex on mine - it's nice and quiet when you're just pootling around town/trying to be quiet late at night, but growls nicely when you give it some beans.

So it's the best of both worlds in my mind, especially as you can cruise on the motorway without the exhaust going BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA the whole time.

Left leg depresses clutch pedal and left arm moves the stick to the left of you, a good fix for the bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa issue :lol:

How can it have no silencers on it?

In the Bastuk systems all of the 'silencing' is done with the back box. So on pre-cat cars it is literally a case of manifold straight to the back box. I've heard they're insanely loud. On the one hand, thats bad. But on the plus side my mate has a nice loud exhaust on his pulsar and that sounds rather tasty.

bastuk also seem to be the only comapny that do a 2.5" bore for a 16v or g60.

Im running a custom 2.5" with no cat straight to the backbox and its well loud, got even louder when i fitted the 4branch, but its quiet in 5th 8) :lol:

I might go for a Bastuk system. It might be overly loud, but at least it wont be strapped to the back of a corsa, i guess a Rado is allowed to be loud