Jim Bowen

Motorbike fans?

I've been naughty and booked a test ride on a new Street Triple R this weekend..... :norty:

Doubt the missus will let me buy it but should be a good laugh anyway, I'll try to get a load of pics for all you bike fans.

I've been naughty and booked a test ride on a new Street Triple R this weekend..... :norty:

Doubt the missus will let me buy it but should be a good laugh anyway, I'll try to get a load of pics for all you bike fans.

Oohhhh i'm jealous... I almost bought the new Tiger last year before deciding on the VFR... The Triumph dealer in Brum is next to Hein Gericke so if i'm passing its a struggle to find a reason not to drop into either of them!

Enjoy your test ride and hope the weather is kind!

Now's the time to buy one..........They will try to give you the BIG sell job..Wait till they offer you a load of free kit and goodies to go with the Triple...You will find it hard to walk away from the deal...ENJOY the ride mate.. :clap:

How did you get on? Is it more fun than a barrel of monkeys? :D

When I'm allowed a bigger bike, I REALLY want a Speed 4...in Yellow.

Cheers,

Tom

Yay, it's finally time to wheel the ol' bikes out of the living room and get some miles in. It seems like it's been a long time coming!

Cheers,

Tom

Unfortunately my grandad passed away on sunday morning so I had to cancel my test ride as I spent the day with my parents. I'm booked in again in 2 weeks so I'll have to let you know how I get on. Good choice on the Speed 4, that is one handsome machine.

bcstudent, loving the front room setup! :notworthy:

Unfortunately my grandad passed away on sunday morning so I had to cancel my test ride as I spent the day with my parents. I'm booked in again in 2 weeks so I'll have to let you know how I get on.

sorry to hear that mate, very sad :(

cant fail to agree with you there though, have always thought that i might do this to address insurance issues! :D

Cheers,

Tom

Unfortunately my grandad passed away on sunday morning so I had to cancel my test ride as I spent the day with my parents. I'm booked in again in 2 weeks so I'll have to let you know how I get on. Good choice on the Speed 4, that is one handsome machine.

Sorry to hear that man, hope all goes well over the coming days & enjoy your blast out when it comes round in a couple of weeks...

Cheers,

Tom

Yay, it's finally time to wheel the ol' bikes out of the living room and get some miles in.

I take it you're not married/engaged. I wish I could keep my bike in the living room!

Yay, it's finally time to wheel the ol' bikes out of the living room and get some miles in.

I take it you're not married/engaged. I wish I could keep my bike in the living room!

You'd be right! My last girlfriend loved the bikes in the living room though, at least she *said* she did :)

No bikes indoors at the moment. I'm in the process of rebuilding my RGV250 as a Pepsi replica. The intention is to keep it indoors for good. As soon as the painter stops messing me around I'll be there.

Thread resurrection!

IMAG0419.jpg

New toy now the 'rado has gone for those who are interested..... you'll note it almosts fills our tiny garden but better than having it on the road eh?

IMAG0418.jpg

Nice one, best sportsbike Ive ever owned. Induction noise to die for, like a little lambo. Best mod is putting the forks level with the yolks. With standard geometery they tend to fall into corners but doing this make is much more linear. Oh and a nice end can. I looked at loads before going for the Carbon Arrow. Amazing quality and looked the biz. Here a pic of it fitted, it retains the original heat sheild. Thats an evotech tailtidy as well.

It was this video that made me want one, 40sec in ohhhh!!!

Very nice mate, is that a bubble screen as well?

I'm currently on the look out for a screen and some tank pads. I hadn't really thought about bringing the forks level to the top yoke, I've not really ridden it far/hard enough to be changing anything yet but I did get a little caught out on Saturday by just how quick it wants to turn. Had to stand it up a little in some corners as it just wants to go quicker and quicker. Think of an apex and you've already hit it! :lol:

Just want the weather to improve so I can get out on it a bit more. Loving being back in the saddle though.

Its the only vehicle that Ive bought brand new and they were doing a promotion where I got £675 of accessories. Most would have gone for the bling, I went for workshop manual, oil, screen and a few other bits and pieces. The screen made a big difference.

I did the fork mod after a few months and it made it much more stable in the corners. Tracked it a few times as well and could not fault it even in the rain.

What size? 450?

Here is my two at the moment. Superduke is in bits after some chump decided to try and steal it and wrecked the ignition barrel.

New toy now the 'rado has gone for those who are interested..... you'll note it almosts fills our tiny garden but better than having it on the road eh?

Very nice! I would love a yellow Triumph Daytona!

Nice bikes guys, although shame to hear about the Superduke Graeme..... was a tough call between one of them and the Daytona.... couldn't get the Superduke down the alley into the garden though.

wy906 - I wanted a yellow one but the wife say no :lol:

What size? 450?

Here is my two at the moment. Superduke is in bits after some chump decided to try and steal it and wrecked the ignition barrel.

Yep its a 2003 EXC450.

Think i've seen some of yours on the ktm forum?