Sign in to follow this  
fla

engine bay tapping noise - its running now!!

Good news Hasan :clap: ,thought it would just take time to get the air out the hydrollics! you going to refit the external oil cooler or leave it be?

Yes, you were quite right there James about the hydraulics. Mocal is back in the front end has been rebuilt - its good to see it looking like a norml Corrado now, no big open mouth front any more :)

Bonnet cable was a bit of a pain to refit but the hinge arms have been clean and greased and it opens very nicely indeed. Really should replace the cracked pass side foglamp - i'll wait until a nice one comes up. Polished the front bumper before fitting - looks strange as the rest of the car is covered in dust.

Suspension and driveshafts going on this week, soundproofing and seats should then be finished off soon. Need to refill the tranny fluid and do the brakes, although the brakes may wait a bit - i want to get it running first. I'll try and get some pics this evening adn post up.

looking good Hasan! and to think you stripped and built that all up by your self.....feel good? :tongue:

Not without a great deal of help from youurself and several others mentioned earlier.

But I'm nowhere in your or Haywire or any of the other engineers' league here, maybe someday when i contemplate the R32 conversion :cuckoo: i think my wife would confine me to the garage permanantly and i would get food drip fed through an old fuel pipe...

Took it for a short 15 minute drive yesterday - cant take it out on teh public roads yet, as there's no mot or tax. Engine sounds very smooth indeed. very pleased. Gearchange is very smooth with almost no lag as you would normally expect from an auto. rides quite nicely on the Konis, even though we have loads of speedbumps in our area, its just the short bumps which are a killer, one of which scrapped something underneath, probably the sump :( and thats whn i drive over them at about 2 mph, as i'm somewht paranoid. Still getting some smokle from teh exhaust manifold although there is no obvious grease or oil left on it. I'll just do several short runs, to slowly burn it off.

Gave it a good wash, used teh pressure washer to remove the mould on the passenger side rubbers. Then some Meguirs stages 1 & 2. Will do stage 3 this evening if poss.

Repalced teh rear wiper with an aero blade to mathc the Lupo fronts. Interior smalls of leather, especailly with the heat releasing the aroma. Seats feel very comfortable. Sunroof tilts and slides nicely, although i want to grease it up appropriately. Pass window does not work though, from eiother switch, i think it may just be a connection on the driver side that is faulty. Anyway, just need to get te alignment completed, sort the grease burn and then replace a few lost trim clips. Feels good to drive it again. Brakes work noice and smoothly, but the 288s will be going on in the next weeks.

Just need to MOT it now and get the road tax and its back to normal......hopefully. You never know, its a corrado :)

Must be a great feeling to drive it again, you'll have to take me for a spin once its mot'd and taxed up. The scraping is most probably your cat heat shield, i removed mine as it used to catch even at moderate a ride height let alone when the car is low.

Yeah, you're right, feels great. I do like teh auto too, especially as the gearchange is so smooth now. When its all done and dusted you can deffo have a go Zak.

The scraping scared the pants off me, i've never hear that kind of noise before, might need to have a look underneath from your pit to see if there are any other areas that need looking at.