Sign in to follow this  
monVR6

New throttle body - Accelerator

Hi all

OK - fitted a nice enlarged and polished TB recently - (thanks German Customs !!). Would this effect the throttle cable in any way? The VR now feels like even though my accelerator foot is to the floor, I'm not getting the full throttle effect ? It'll hit the rev limiter no problem, just doesn't feel like I'm getting there as quickly as I should at full throttle. (Not sure I'm explaining that properly) . .

Any thoughts?

Cheers

remove the pipe to the throttle body and get some one to put their foot on the accel pedal to the floor, while you look to see if the butterfly is opening fully.

Hi all

Thanks for the advice!

I took the pipe off and (despite being 41 and fairly inflexible) was able to see the butterfly in the TB myself whilst flooring the accelerator. When the pedal is fully down, the butterfly is not fully open - (I am presuming it should move through a full 90 so it has the optimum opening ?). I guess it turns through only 60-70. Also, there seems to be quite a lot of liquid in the pipe - (not awash or running out - more like a reasonable coating) - should it be like that?

So - how do I adjust the cable to ensure it opens the full 90?? Sorry if that should be obvious - I just want to be sure :?

Thanks all

If you track back from the TB, following the throttle cable until you find it enter a rubber grommet. That rubber grommet should be mounted on a metal bracket with a small metal clip on a ribbed section on the rubber grommet bit for adjustment (Easy to look at harder to explain ;))

If you remove the metal clip and then pull the throttle cable so that any extra movement results in the TB butterfly moving then put the metal clip back on.

This should ensure you get WOT correctly but you can check doing the same as you did above.