Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

Noisekiller under bonnet foam/sound suppressant.

Are you trying some of the foam david ? i must admit i would rather have it black but....nearly three years on and the noisekiller still looks brand new on mine :D

Are you trying some of the foam david ? i must admit i would rather have it black but....nearly three years on and the noisekiller still looks brand new on mine :D

Will be painting bonnet soon hopefully and my old foam is crumbling badly now, need something in there, but not sure what.

That noisekiller being foil lined looks like it would be easy to clean... The OEM stuff soaks up oil and grit like s**t on a stick.

You could always lacquer the foil a dif colour if you didn't like the shiny surface

That noisekiller being foil lined looks like it would be easy to clean... The OEM stuff soaks up oil and grit like s**t on a stick.

You could always lacquer the foil a dif colour if you didn't like the shiny surface

And at £40... looks like a bargain. I think i might ask if hes still doing the discount :D

That noisekiller being foil lined looks like it would be easy to clean... The OEM stuff soaks up oil and grit like s**t on a stick...

if you keep your oil filler cap on, it won't spray on the inside of the bonnet :wink:

That noisekiller being foil lined looks like it would be easy to clean... The OEM stuff soaks up oil and grit like s**t on a stick...

if you keep your oil filler cap on, it won't spray on the inside of the bonnet :wink:

Thanks Captain! but... should I leave the cylinder head bolts off in that case? i like to let my engine breath you know.... :tongue:

don't you find that the oem stuff does accumulate dirt though? after 20years on the car and countless dirty roads driven mine are quite mingging

I got mine from VW £70 ish last year for the late bonnet

Not that I have my Corrado any more Iv gone to the dark side Audi S3.

tbh a lot of the dynamaty-type of stuff wont do much, just stop panel vibration. the acoustic foams are the ones that stop airborne noise, which is whats needed. well, a combination of both.