Sign in to follow this  
Chris

2.0l 16v to vr6 swap...questions

hi. i have a 2.0l 16v corrado and intend to put a vr6 into it. I have the vr6 and most of the bits for the swap. was just wondering if anyone knew of any informative links or information regarding this topic. i know people arent keen on this swap and buying a vr would be a better idea but i got the vr i have now cheap so saw this as the best option.

i have the engine, loom, ecu, clocks, brakes, hubs, subframe, shafts, mounts...

ive not got the abs pump unit but was going to run it without, is this just a case of re-running the brake lines to just the servo? failing that, i think my abs has always been broken so can i just leave my original abs unit, pipe it up to the new servo and forget about it?

ive been told that i can use my 2.0l 16v fuel pump with the vr engine, is this true? apparently it pumps more quickly than the original vr pump....this would save the whole tank and pump change....

the main problem i can see myself having is the loom, if anyone can point me to a good link for this too...ive worked out most of the loom but there are bits im not sure of, spare plugs which arent plugged in etc...

any photos or information from people who have done this swap would be greatly appreciated!!!!

chris

why bother doing it?? just go and buy a vr6. They are cheap enough to buy at the moment :(

i could understand if you were going 20v, you could always keep the vr6 engine you have, and re-build it.

Have to agree with KADVR6. I'd seriously consider just selling the valver and buying a VR. The prices are so ludicrously low at the minute...