Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

De-cat on standardish VR.... worth it?

I've currently got a TT 2.5" straight through cat back system on my VR and I'm just wondering if it is worth me fitting a de-cat pipe?

Any thoughts?

I knew I could rely on you Kev! :D Tell me more. As xbones says, had a look at the supersprint website and there is a few of varying sizes....

Size will depend on the length of your cat, measure from end of downpipe to start of main exhaust

Edit: meant to say cat, not exhaust :)

Measure your cat basically...

I believe on the VR6 there were 2 cat sizes fitted but every late one (94 on) I've seen has one about 70cm long. Earlier ones had one about 50cm long.

You measure from where the downpipe joins the cat to the end of the cat's pipe where it mates with the main system and that's the size Sprinty bypass you want. The bypass is about £80 from Stealth. Sounds a lot, but trust me, compared to other bypasses I've seen (especially the Milltek one) it's a very nice one and I felt gains in the bottom and midranges immediately and unlike the Milltek one, the lambda boss is welded at such an angle as to NOT bash the lambda probe into the floor :roll: :loL:

It has an expansion chamber in it too, which makes the exhaust note slightly deeper, but not louder 8)

It doesn't matter if your cat is a cm or 2 off what SuperSprint have available as the exhaust hangers will take up any difference, but mine bolted on with zero issues off the shelf 8)