Sign in to follow this  
andydlc-g60

corrado 3 blade grills..

Ive got a 91 G60 corrado and would like to install a 3 blade grill, now the question I have is that the 3 blade grills Ive seen have 3 spaced plastic guides that sit in the fron panel and my G60's only got 2 plastic guides/holes in panel..

Do you guys just cut the plastic guides off or are there different type grills available?

Thanks

Andy

IIRC you have to cut off the 3 tabs on the later grill and secure it with cable ties... some of the last early C's had a slam pannel that had the holes for both the early and late grill options so it could be worth checking yours first.

HTH

You can carefully cut the mounting tabs off the later grill and glue them back into same positions as the 2-tab early grilles.

I just cut new holes where required to fit it when I put one in the valver.

Cut the slam panel itself!?!? Surely it's easier just to mod the plastic grille! Less costly if you make a mistake either, worst taht can happen is you need a new grille!

I just cut new holes where required to fit it when I put one in the valver.

Cut the slam panel itself!?!? Surely it's easier just to mod the plastic grille! Less costly if you make a mistake either, worst taht can happen is you need a new grille!

You should see what I had to do to the slam panel of the VR to get the climatronic kit in, the grill was a walk in the park!

When I was at Ralliart I used to cut holes in the roof skins for the vents to fit into, that's an £800 +fitting+paint panel, what's to fear with a Corrado slam panel?

i carefully took the time to measure out exactly where the tabs need to be, drilled holes at the very far points of each slot, then cut from top of hole to top of hole and bottom as well on all 3 across the top with a Dremel that has a cut off wheel on it... then the bottom holes... worked like a charm! easier to convince the radiator support to make the grille fit i thought