Sign in to follow this  
TomD

Green vs Grey injectors

Hi all!

I've got a set of grey injectors that came with a head thats going on my car when I've got time to fit it. The ones in my current head are the green standard G60 ones. The grey's have the part number 037 906 031F and VW stamps so I took the part number into the local VW dealership, but ETKA said that they were listed for a G60.

So were these late G60 items and are they any better than greens? I've seen a few guys on the forum with 'Grey injectors' listed amongst other mods in their sigs - do they have a better flow rate etc?

Cheers in advance!

P.s. another thing...I've always gone for Bosch W6DPO plugs, but was reading this ad...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOLOGY-SILVER-SPA ... dZViewItem

...are they talking cr*p or is there truth in it??

Cheers! :D

The grey 1's in people sigs are motorsport items i believe and better in flow rate and are usually used with a big valve head and a cam.

That's what i assumed...but how come VW list them as G60 items...it looked as though they might have superceeded the greens...did later G60's get better ones??

The heads ported and polished etc and it'll be with a 4 branch and possibly a mildish (Newman) cam, so I reckon its worth sticking them in when I do the head change! :D

Yea could be worth a shot i dont think it will hurt it but it may need the map tweaking, if they are the motorsport they are 310cc IIRC but i dare say your original will be ok as my suggestion to when you need to go up a size was also on a stage 4/68mm pulley/big valve head/piper 285.

Not a clue if they superceeded the original greens.

Ideally i would say you want to run injectors between 80-90% duty cycle at full load i think, and when you start running too large an injector at a low impecance you get a bad quality running issues. Something to bear in mind when deciding if you will fit them or not, what will the spec be on the engine? I cant see them been too big even with mild tuning but if your planning on going further then mayb a good idea to stick them in now whilst in bits when you do the head as it will be a load easier. Better to be bigger than to be smaller.

What did it achiece Bigtartanjudge?

Why have a 3 bar map sensor when its boosting as much as a corado G60?

What did what achieve ??

Previously, it was more commonplace to modify Rallyes and the 3-bar map sensor was necessary if you were running a highly-modified G60 engine (Rallye was 1H remember and not PG) of mods and boosting over 17psi. Hence, why people building a highly-modded corrado G60 tend to replace the ECU with a Rallye one with the 3-bar map sensor already fitted or fit a higher-rated map sensor from another vehicle to the standard ECU (I am going to have to do this eventually).

Yea i meant what did it achieve having a diff ECU, regardless of what could be done or diff engine it was from factory still running the same as a corrado g60, and did VW intend on people modifying the rallye or was it for the homoligation purposes as to why it was different.

Why swap out to a rallye ECU when its prob so much cheaper just to use a larger map sensor from a diff car in the original ECU

All rallyes came with green injectors... The ONLY g60 to come with grey injectors were golf gti g60's with factory aircon. I hope this clears it up.

Are they a worthwile mod.. Yes aslong as they have been flow tested and you run a suitable chip with them. Over 220bhp they are mandentary.

All rallyes came with green injectors... The ONLY g60 to come with grey injectors were golf gti g60's with factory aircon. I hope this clears it up.

Are they a worthwile mod.. Yes aslong as they have been flow tested and you run a suitable chip with them. Over 220bhp they are mandentary.

Even the 16vG60s came with greens from the factory.

Greens yes but not the same flow rate as stock corrado ones. I have the part numbers for the limiteds and they differ.

Greens yes but not the same flow rate as stock corrado ones. I have the part numbers for the limiteds and they differ.

Would you mind sharing that info?

Both part number and factory flow rate would be useful info.