Sign in to follow this  
Super-G

Under bonnet electrics

Whilst tidying up the wiring for my headlights, I found some sort of coil unit behind the passenger side headlight, attached to the inner wing. One of the connections is broken off, so it needs repairing, but does any1 know what it is?

DSCN4588.jpg

Also, whilst removing the charcoal filter, I found some loose wires tucked away near the strut top. They've been cut off at some time, but I don't know what they're for. Any ideas? They branch off the loom in the picture, just after the strut.

DSCN4586.jpg

My MFA does not have an outside air temperature display. Was this not standard? Or could these be the wiring for it?

Any help much appreciated :D

I think the outside air temp wiring and probe is under the hole where the air box is, it is standard fit not an option.

Ok, So I should have a temperature sensor then. Not that my MFA seems to have a blank readout, just continues to cycle around. Maybe with a new sensor in it'll work. Can anyone tell me what colour the wire are that go to the sensor in the wing? And where I'll locate a replacement sensor? Any other cars have them? Or are they cheap from VW?

I've found out that the first photo is of the dim/dipped headlight relay. Not really that important, unless you like the function of dim headlights when using the sidelights. :shock: