Sign in to follow this  
darrensphatvr6

Please help! Question about my wheels

Hi all! Would it be possible to get my OZ's redrilled to make them 5x100 (Currently 5x112). Does anybody know where I can get the shallow bits in between the original bolt holes ally filled then re-drilled? :?:

they would still stick out past the arches.. :lol:

Could you show me a picture then of one with 9J wheels on which properly fits on the car. I thought I can remember though that Furkz had something like 9 or maybe even 9.5 on his.

Daz

he did but with the right ET. i did i moke up of your measurments that you gave me as you dont know the ET and without the spacers they still stuck out past the arches by 22mm ! you could get away with that on the rears but on the front it would be all wrong IMOP.

i was going to re drill and tap a spare set up hubs to fit them.

Stunning wheel so it will be worth the chew on.. 8)

he did but with the right ET. i did i moke up of your measurments that you gave me as you dont know the ET and without the spacers they still stuck out past the arches by 22mm ! you could get away with that on the rears but on the front it would be all wrong IMOP.

i was going to re drill and tap a spare set up hubs to fit them.

Stunning wheel so it will be worth the chew on.. 8)

I finally got the Et mate it was 24. Here's a picture of when they were on with the 25mm adapters: :shock:

:lol:

You do know that looks ridiculous, yes?

Yes mate I do that's why I want to redrill them so they fit better. I only had them on the car for 2 days because they constantly rubbed and after I took them off you could see where they scrubbed the arches. Talking about ridiculous, have you seen anything as wild as this ona Corrado before: :lol:

DSC02128.jpg

vr2.jpg

Inters0720298.jpg

10J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i said before pull the arches slightly and get smaller dishes on, then like Furks you can have the rim sticking out past the arches but with stretched tyres the tread will be inside the arch then still legal. If i had the money Darren i would snap these off you in a shot and what i suggested is pretty much what i would do, whatever you decide to do, for 9's to fit good without rubbing and be low you will need to do some arch work.

Is it possible to skim down the mounting face instead of filling it to get a flat mounting face as that will raise the ET then redrill them and as you say that will raise the ET so you can get them pulled into the arch more, only issue then is the clearance to the suspension and the wheel clearing the brakes.

Lots of options really but lots of work whichever way you do it, IMHO it would be worth the work to get them fitted would look ace.

:lol:

You do know that looks ridiculous, yes?

Yes mate I do that's why I want to redrill them so they fit better. I only had them on the car for 2 days because they constantly rubbed and after I took them off you could see where they scrubbed the arches. Talking about ridiculous, have you seen anything as wild as this ona Corrado before: :lol:

DSC02128.jpg

vr2.jpg

Inters0720298.jpg

10J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guilty my old wheels, which can be seen on a Black TT last i remember.

they did rub the rear archers at motorway speed, only slightly thou.

Sold for engine upgrades 8) more pics on my members thread...

Had to laugh at this thread, sorry.

Firstly, (and sorry if i'm about to offend) but the green VR6......looks a bit silly.

Second, the tyres are probably not suited to the rims. If anyone can tell me the tyre size and also rim size, i'll confirm it for you. It's hardly the safest rim/tyre choice.

Third, unless the law has changed and i've not been made aware, it is illegal for the tread on your tyres to stick out further than the wheel arch.

Moan over. Again, apologies for that :lol:

Fact is, tread being wider than your wheel arch is illegal, and the tyres aren't suitable for the rims, and are potentially unsafe. I have just discussed this with one of our engineer's, who also agrees that it is potentially unsafe.

I'd put money on it, if you checked in the ETRTO Manual (European Tyre & Rim Technical Organisation), you would see that the tyre is too narrow for the rim.

So essentially, it's all down to whether you want to look cool, or whether you want to be safe.