Sign in to follow this  
BenM

VR6 ABS pump

Anyone know if this will fit a C VR6?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-MK3-GOLF-VR6 ... dZViewItem

I know the part numbers are similar, but this one has 'E' at the end, whereas the Corrado part is 1H2 614 217 A.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Ben

Totally different part chap,I might have a spare corrado pump,does your pump have a blue & white vw part no on it or a black & white?

I'll have a look later on. What I do know is that the part number is the one quoted below. My current pump kind of works, but I'm getting intermittent light coming on due to valve block errors.

Thanks for the reply!

I'll have a look later on. What I do know is that the part number is the one quoted below. My current pump kind of works, but I'm getting intermittent light coming on due to valve block errors.

Thanks for the reply!

If your using one of those small code readers,dont belive a word of it.

The actual pumps very rarely go wrong,normally just the abs sensors

I'm getting the fault codes from VAG-COM. Inlet valve error and supply voltage B+ error. I had a sensor error which I've sorted, but the valve block error remains. What's weird is that when the light does come on, it goes off again as soon as the engine is warm. I've never had the light stay on with a warm engine.

Anyway, I'll check the number tomorrow when it light. Thanks again for the info.

Cheers

Ben

I'm getting the fault codes from VAG-COM. Inlet valve error and supply voltage B+ error. I had a sensor error which I've sorted, but the valve block error remains. What's weird is that when the light does come on, it goes off again as soon as the engine is warm. I've never had the light stay on with a warm engine.

Anyway, I'll check the number tomorrow when it light. Thanks again for the info.

Cheers

Ben

Any good?

Thought I'd sorted this but still a problem - think I will need to replace the pump. Late style ABS pump needed for a '95 VR, 1H2 614 217A - anyone able to help?

Thought I'd sorted this but still a problem - think I will need to replace the pump. Late style ABS pump needed for a '95 VR, 1H2 614 217A - anyone able to help?

Highly unlikely its the pump mate....do a search for ABS errors. There are a lot of things to check first -wheel sensors, relays, fuses - ABS controller - wiring. Most errors are a faulty wheel sensor - check each one first.

save youself some dosh eliminate everything else first.

Actually the ABS valve block on the VR6 is known to fail prematurely, so it is quite likely to be at fault. They are plentiful and cheap on the used market though, so you may as well replace it.

Please have a look at your abs ecu before you do anything else. Its about the size of a brick. Its located behind a plastic panel between the pasenger door and the foot well. Four plastic bolts and a spring loaded clip to undo and its in your hand. The reason is that I had exactly the same error code with a VAG com but thankfully I was told to check the ecu and sure enough there was mild corrosion on the ecu contacts. No full on water leak like can happen, in fact no signs of a water leak at all. Anyway I cleaned the contacts applied wd40 and no more problems. You may well have checked this already but worth mentioning. Good luck!

I've had a quick look at the ECU but haven't successfully removed it yet. There was no sign of water ingress anywhere but I guess its still worth cleaning up the contacts. I've cleaned the contacts on all the plugs to the pump and gave it a light tap with a hammer in the valve area - this worked great for about 3 weeks but is now back to its old habits. Pretty sure its not wheel sensors etc as I've already rectified a few of these faults.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking for a good second hand pump.

Cheers

Ben

I've been watching this one - looks the same but the part number is different - 358 614 217 instead of 1H2 614 217. Is this OK, will it still work?

I've been watching this one - looks the same but the part number is different - 358 614 217 instead of 1H2 614 217. Is this OK, will it still work?

First three digits denotes the car it was destined for. Given that the last six digits are the same and they LOOK the same I'd say it's a fair bet it'll work just fine.

Useful, I'll be checking my ecu shortly. I was thinking it was an earthing problem, light goes out when the car is warm and the light flickers with the indicators too, so I was suspicious of the ABS pump valve error code with vagcom.