Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

won't turn over when hot...

Having a problem with my corrado at the moment.

Fires up as normal when cold, although slightly sluggish. However, it wont turn over when hot.

When it doesn't fire up it does start with a push start.

Have replaced alternator and checked all the earths that I can find . Also have a starter motor on the way. The other thing I will get is an ignition switch. Although I can't see how the ignition switch would explain the slow crank over.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Battery Nicki!

Have you tried another? it's the right time of year for weak batterys to show up :- slow turnover = lack of cranking amps

I'd go for starter motor tbh. My valver would play up when hot because the old motor was knackered.

Battery Nicki!

Have you tried another? it's the right time of year for weak batterys to show up :- slow turnover = lack of cranking amps

hmm I wouldnt have thought battery as its been left for a week at a time and will start up cold but if you go out in it and it gets hot, turn it off, it wont start.

I'd go for starter motor tbh. My valver would play up when hot because the old motor was knackered.

Hmm, interesting. Waiting for the new starter motor to come in the post so will put it on, take it out and see if starts when hot.

Any other suggestions? Is there any point me changing the ignition switch?

don't know the 1st thing about the vr but I have used a scantool on two seperate vag vehicles in recent weeks and it really helped.

takes the guess work out of it.

Someone local should be able to help you out i'd of thought?!??

don't know the 1st thing about the vr but I have used a scantool on two seperate vag vehicles in recent weeks and it really helped.

takes the guess work out of it.

Someone local should be able to help you out i'd of thought?!??

waiting for the starter motor to turn up in the post first. Will see how it is when I put that one on.