Sign in to follow this  
weetos

g60 earths

Hi guys

Just got a 1992 g60 but looking through the posts i'm missing some earth straps in engine bay

can someone kindly take a pic of their bay and highlight the earth locations for me.

Many thanks

Lee

Thats a really useful link Dan. I've been meaning to do this for ages, and it looks like I now have another job for whn the weather gets better.

Its just never ending isnt it :lol: I have had all the cables, connectors and the above link for ages all I need to do is

cut to the correct link and connect it all up. Far to cold for anything but emergency jobs at the moment though!

And to top it all I broke my drivers side door handle this morning :-( not sure whats gone as it already has Dave16v

magic door handle fix, but its not opening the door from the outside anymore... Bloody Corrados!!

I hear that!

my rear wheel bearing collapsed :shock: on new years eve on my way to a party :(

now have to spend this weekend in the cold, wet and maybe sum snow n ice fixing her :? :shock:

And to top it all I broke my drivers side door handle this morning :-( not sure whats gone as it already has Dave16v

magic door handle fix, but its not opening the door from the outside anymore... Bloody Corrados!!

mine went the other day too.Passenger side though.

havn't looked into it yet though....

:-( send Dave16v a PM re sorting one of his solid replacements, its good stuff and comes with complete instructions

I did both my drivers side and passenger side when they went just after I got the car and they have been really good,

although the drivers side handle was very stiff after replacement (should have looked into why ages ago really)

looks like the extra strain has killed something else will find out what tomorrow :?

meanwhile back on topic......

has any one got a clue what sort of amps were dealing with here as 25mm wire which is capable of 136A at full load seems a bit excessive? :o

I'm a automation control electrician so perhaps i could make a few kit's up if anyones interested reply (ill post some pics when I've got one done)

PS. i wouldn't use crappy speaker wire either I'm gonna use tri-rated it can take 3 times the rated current for a short amount of time and it's rated for use up to 105c . or maybe welding cable for its flexibility..... choices, choices.

but defo not ofc speaker cable