Sign in to follow this  
davej

best engine mounts?

what do people consider to be the best engine mounts, specifically for smooth running without any vibration? there's quite a few out there and i'm not sure which ones to go for. i've heard the gsf ones are a bit poo, so i'll steer clear of those i think.

any links to where i can buy them would be good too.

cheers

Vibratechnics are very popular but really are not very cheap. Think approx £160 for the front mount alone!

bloody hell. thats quite a bit. got the front mount done a while ago, so will just go for the rear to start i think i fthey're that much!

If you did splash out on the vibratechnics do not go for the competition 1's as they will rattle your teeth out just get the fast road 1's.

Forgot which 1 it is now but off a mk2 golf the front mount is a little uprated to the corrado item and will still be factory smooth.

I actually run x3 VT competition mounts and when i say they will rattle your teeth out its more when stationary and idling that it transfers the vibration to the cabin.

The fast roads are prob still quite smooth in comparison as they are uprated but prob not by too much to standard.

Neither competition or fast roads are solid mounts, personally i would upgrade all three than putting a solid front and standard rears on.

I'm looking at getting original VW ones now, from my VW dealer. are they still available, as they seem unsure? if not, are there any other VW ones that would fit that would still be available from VW.

also, are there just 2 mounts on a 2L 16v?

just ordered an original front and rear from VW for 60 quid, which isnt too bad. hopefully will ride like new when they're in.

the VW dealers ordered me engine brakets, not mounts, hence the cheap price! the mounts are 120 quid each, so not sure what to do now. any one know of any decent cheaper ones other than GSF?

after reading many posts on here, i'm going to go for febi mounts. anyone have a link to anywhere that sells all 3? most places only seem to have the front mount.

call these guys AVS

rear FEBI mount for my 16v from them has been fine

all the Corrados have 3 mounts.

On the 16v, from my experience:

front (usually the one to go as it takes all the strain when accelerating hard)

rear (under exhaust downpipe) original VAG ones rarely go as the engine just sits on them, they get a bit softer over the years, my 17yr old 150K one was still OK when I swapped it out.

gearbox mount (small one that sits in a recess in the subframe on the end of the two brackets seen to the rear right of the gearbox viewed from the top, they don't seem to wear too badly, on the 16v at least, but are cheap to replace)

cool

will definitely swap the front. its a poo GSF one at the mo. may just do it myself with a febi mount to see if that makes it feel better.

Ive just recevied what was supposed to be a Febi front mount from eurocarparts, however The box says "lisse" on it and the mount itself has no markings. can anyone tell me if these are any good, or just the same as the crap GSF ones? If it's no good i'll send it back and try again. may even just sack off the Febi one and go all out on a VT one as Febi ones are proving hard to get hold of.

i just searched the forum for more opinions on mounts, but this was the only listing i could find.

whats everyones opinions on this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-16v-8v-G60-Corrado-front-solid-engine-mount_W0QQitemZ190315893897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2c4fb61489&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

i just bought a car with front gone and would like to replace asap.

i just searched the forum for more opinions on mounts, but this was the only listing i could find.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-16v-8v-G60-Corrado-front-solid-engine-mount_W0QQitemZ190315893897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2c4fb61489&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Have VT mounts all round and have notice no difference TBH LOL

The above one looks ok, personally I would put a slither of good quality rubber between that mount and the engine mount. Just my opinion tho :D

Have VT mounts all round and have notice no difference TBH LOL

The above one looks ok, personally I would put a slither of good quality rubber between that mount and the engine mount. Just my opinion tho :D

thanks, ok, might give this one a go. needs to be done. mine is shocking

actually just found this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-FRONT-ENGINE-MOUNT-MK2-GOLF-PASSAT-inc-16v-G60-D_W0QQitemZ350212033069QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item518a438a2d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1689|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

i realise this will be the worst one available, how much different is this going to be than the VW one?

or is it worth spending the extra and getting the solid one in your opinion

(this is to anyone)

Got one like this (originally from G-Werks) you can have for £20 delivered...