Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

New Engine :D

After waiting weeks for this to be fitted, among a few other things while the lump was out, my new VR engine is finally fitted and i picked it up tonight!!!

OMG, It sounds, feels, drives so smooth :D Obviously im taking it easy at the moment while it beds in. But for now im so happy with it, cant wait to be able to give it some boot! Cost me a little more then expected due to a few bits being changed like the water pump, all engine mounts, new HT leads and clutch. I also had Optiflex on it. The old engine was buggered for months, and instead of getting it rebuilt i decided to just fit a VEGE replacement, i also now know how its being treated. Unlike the old one which was probably ragged to h3ll.

The drive home was fantastic and i didnt want to go home - ended up taking the scenic route ;)

Seems well worth the cost! :D

Whooopaaaa!

£3k for engine, plus other parts in and out of engine bay. Probably going to be told i paid too much :? :lol: That is not including labour, as i know the bloke to an extent so he did it as a 'Project' as opposed to a job ie in his spare time.

I think the problem is its not got any form of blower strapped onto it, so people dont care as much.

Always good when you get a fresh engine though :D

Aye may be so :lol: Be nice to get a SC or Turbo fitted, but want to keep the engine standard.... for as long as i can resist anyway :)

The couldnt drive any better tbh, Its effortless. The gear changing is slick. Complete opposite to what my old one was like. That was such a chore to drive.

The only gripe i have is that when its idling the dash seems to vibrate from behind. Im going to have to try and pad it out a bit at some point. Other then that theres no problems.

IM LOVING IT! 8)

Nice one. There is nothing more enjoyable than just DRIVING the car when it's just had some attention lavished on it, and its all running well. I've been out and driven freshly or recently rebuilt VR's and you're right.. its just a good experience all round! :)

Drove cheesewires VR after a gearbox rebuild - you could change gear with your little finger virtually.. so smooth!

The only gripe i have is that when its idling the dash seems to vibrate from behind. Im going to have to try and pad it out a bit at some point. Other then that theres no problems.

Not got solid engine mounts have you? they can cause this.....

Good Job on the new lump fella :lol: