Sign in to follow this  
nemesis360

Corrado Campaign

A customer of mine is thinking of buying a 74k Campaign Corrado that TCS are selling (I know their reputation isnt great etc) I was wondering if that car used to belong to someone on here? or does anyone know ther car at all?

Any help would be apprieciated.

Graham

First thing I'd say is - has been told it was written off? I don't want to put him off with this, just be aware of it, as it's a nasty thing to find out about after the event.

Apart from that, after it left my ownership it needed about a grands worth of work to get it into really good condition, mostly perisheable components wearing out that sort of thing. Check the gearchange has been fixed, as this was a pain in the ass.

Any more questions, by all means ask away, and I'll answer to the best of my (limited) technical knowledge.

Campaign...Thanks for the info Ill let him know about the write off situation, he's really fussy so I think it might put him off.

Graham

knock him down in price hes had it a while try and get at least 500 of no one else is knocking and he hasn't put 2 k in to it see what hell take start really low hes had it 3 1/2 months and no takes at 7k so try 6 it cost u nothin to try.

Who in their right mind would spend 6k+ on a damaged repaired Corrado?

Ok its got fancy seats and has a bit of history but come on?

If I had enough cash spare, I would. Ultimately this car is as rare as they come - even if it is just down to paint/interior (more than a Storm has to differentiate it as a special edition!) - it's a very nice piece of Corrado history.

Your Mad Jim!

Yeah its got a nice interior but who is going to know that?

I bet not even 99% of Corrado owners would actually know what it was at first glance?

It seems like its an over inflated price as its been up for sale for yonks, in fact about a yr from memory, not neccesarily from the same seller as its been moved onto a trader but it obviously hasnt found a proper home!.

The Cat D thing will put people off and obviously this is a major factor as to why its still up for sale.

7k nowadays buys you alot of metal and plowing that sort of cash into a Vr that would otherwise struggle to make 3k bar the fancy leather to me is just crazy! :lol:

I bet not even 99% of Corrado owners would actually know what it was at first glance?

Thats fine with me. I look at it this way. There were only ever 6. I consider myself an enthusiast so anything unusual or rare in the Corrado world is absolutely worth preserving. I like the fact that only some VW enthusiasts would even know what it is! :)

I've spent about £2,500 on work on my valver since I got it 18 or so months ago.. i'd happily have spent that on a Campaign instead.

Id have to agree with Jim on that one obviously the cat d thing is a problem but if you bought the car and looked after it youd have almost unique that in time would be worth alot of money (10-15 years).

My 2 pence worth!

Graham

I'd have to say though, with myself it was a case of buying from the heart, and not with the head. It's quite a good investment (although not necessarily at that price). In the five years I owned it, I lost about £1200 on it... that's not too bad in anybody's book really is it?

The damage was very well repaired really, it's not a cut n shut car at all. I really enjoyed my 5 years with the car, but financial constraints meant I couldn't keep it.

I've seen and been in the car in question - I thought it was a on a CAT C, not CAT D?!

Regardless, I decided against it after seeing the car and bought a mint full VW service history, 63,000mile 1995 VR6 instead for £5300 as I recall back in September 2006.

D.

I've seen and been in the car in question - I thought it was a on a CAT C, not CAT D?!

Regardless, I decided against it after seeing the car and bought a mint full VW service history, 63,000mile 1995 VR6 instead for £5300 as I recall back in September 2006.

D.

Wasn't the same car buddy, I owned it from 2002 to 2007 :)

CAT D or C is no big deal really, it does affect re-sale price as you would expect but, its only damaged repairable stuff, ok it puts some people off it has a "tag" but if he gets a VOSA VIC test (about £36) he can satisfy himself its a straight car and the reapirs are of decent quality and structure is in order, my J reg Sportline cabrio has a Cat D against it, as it was stolen recovered (before i owned it) and all that happened to it was a broken 1/4 light window, screwed ignition, and a damaged bonnet and clipper front bumper, every other panel is original and the car is straight as a die underneath is spotless.

How many new cars have had the same damage? and just due to age they are repaired, more and more older rare cars are being written off by over zelous insurance companys in my opinion.

When i worked for volkswagen untold numbers of "new" cars turned up with accident damage from importers or shipping agents that would write some cars off due to economic cost of repairs, but they are put right and sold on as a new car, it happens all the time, dented panels and trim are nothing to replace, obviously suspension and structual damage is another matter as the cars never seem quite the same after a major repair.

If its the right price (and that sounds way to high with the cat c or d against it) then it may be worth it if its a "keeper" car, if its a dog plough some money elsewhere!!!

but if he gets a VOSA VIC test (about £36) he can satisfy himself its a straight car and the reapirs are of decent quality and structure is in order, my J reg Sportline cabrio has a Cat D against it, as it was stolen recovered (before i owned it) and all that happened to it was a broken 1/4 light window, screwed ignition, and a damaged bonnet and clipper front bumper, every other panel is original and the car is straight as a die underneath is spotless.

I defo agree very much with what your saying about not being put off by write off etc, but having done a couple of VIC checks my understanding is that they do not check the quality of the repairs or the struture of the vehicle, but only check that the identity of the vehicle is of the original car - chassis numbers, any evidence of cut and shut etc. I think i've still got a letter from my old car at home which i can check to verify this but i'm pretty sure this is right. I won't be able to check until next week though.

Best of luck to the person going to look at the car, i hope it all goes well!

Funnily enough, I did have an AA check-over before buying it (cost me a lot more than £36, I can tell you) and they said it was a pretty good repair job. Over time though, I discovered little inconsistencies, some of which I fixed, some I didn't bother with as they were very slight ones.

My mate is friends with TCS, the car has been sold and gone overseas ......... so is that only 3 left in the uk .... :lol: