Sign in to follow this  
vagingit.co.uk

stroeve 16v induction kit

has anyone had/tried one?

Ive been looking for a stroeve cone filter/induction kit for my kr 16v, but just wondered if its a load of rubbish, being the only cone filter to fit the valver, Im kind if interested, but its a lot of cash, so would I be better off drillng the airbox and fitting a panel filter?

You're better off not drilling the airbox and fitting a K&N type panel filter, possibly removing the front snorkel tube, but the standard airbox the way VW designed it is more than up to the job, any alternatives will really just drain your cash and suck in more warm air from the engine bay - bad.

I figured that any increase in power and response was never going to be noticeable, but I was more interested in the sound effects side of things, just to give it a bit of a growl.

How easy is it to remove the 'snorkel' on the front of the airbox? does it just pop off?

Just give it a good hard tug.

Then rip out the snorkel. :lol: :lol:

I agree with davidwort, panel filter and snorkel removed seem to be the most effective. Made a difference in my old valver anyway.

I tried that, worked and sounded good, but you can drill the wing side of the airbox if you decide you want more induction growl! Ended up doing that on mine, sounded frickin' awesome!