Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

Brembo discs so expensive

ok i'm swapping my TT brakes over for the Brembo's i acquired 8) but the discs are wafer thin, and the pads have 1mm left on them :( i cant seem to find good spec 323 x 28mm discs anywhere, Alex303 pointed me in the direction of somebody who does them for a more reasonable price. but what about these dustbin lids??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUPRA-R ... dZViewItem

ok there not brembo's etc etc, but they are alot cheaper, and i understand that you get what ya pay for.

any thoughts welcome.

karl

Youll be surprised at how thin the new pads will be, there nothing like the thickness of a standard pad because of the design of the caliper.....

Ill ring round tomorow and see how much I can get a set of disks in a decent make for you Karl

I take it you want the to be grooved?

Graham

yeh that would be great Graham, i would prefer drilled (look better :lol: ) but grooved would be great mate.

thanks

karl

Im sure only paid £120 for my genuine Brembo drilled discs Karl. I can see if I can get you a set if you like? Cupra R fitment yes?

Alex

if you can get the genuine drilled brembos for £120 alex :shock: consider your car washed every week for the year :lol: and yeh they are Cupra R fitment. the cheapest i found were on e-bay for £360 :shock:

karl

I have those discs from CRN performance. They great. had no problems whatsoever. Amazing braking. 160.00 ...whats stopping you? ( no pun intended lol)

cheers marcus i was told my alex303 to ask you about those discs as he was sure you were using them, what pads have you gone for?? and how do you rate the disc/pad combination your running??

thanks

karl

I can get a small discount on the brembo disks (10%) but their still expensive... :( If marcus recomends the ones hes using their probably worth a go...

Graham

ok well thanks for looking guys, its appreciated :) shame about the original brembos but i have found a place in leeds who will supply me with the new EBC range of discs (Ultimax??) in the 323 x 28mm size for £175 inc transport :shock: so i should get these by the end of next week. just looking for some of the Ferodo ds5200 pads that will fit.

karl

Thats a great deal mate. Nice one. Im sure theyll be more than adequate. You getting the grooved or drilled then?

Im currently running brembo pads, but let me knw how you rate the Ferodos once theyre bedded in.

they are grooved, here is what they quote on the EBC website.

Ultimax BlackDash USR Slotted Rotors

The narrower multi slot design of the Ultimax sport rotor and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined creates a quiet running sport rotor that still has benefits of removing gas, dirt, water and debris and MAINTAINING parallel pad wear. EBC have always been honest enough to say that the biggest advantage of slotted rotors is the fact that they promote flat and parallel pad wear rather than allowing ridges to develop on pads and rotors which is typical of "drilled only" sport rotors. By preventing these ridges brakes stay more consistent throughout pad and rotor wear life (simple physics!).

so just the usual dribble then, also just found some Ferodo DS5200 pads for £78 inc postage (bargain)

thats a good price Karl :) , look like good value for money!

does the company in Leeds have a website / link as i might try these too when mine need replacing (not for a bit yet).

ok well thanks for looking guys, its appreciated :) shame about the original brembos but i have found a place in leeds who will supply me with the new EBC range of discs (Ultimax??) in the 323 x 28mm size for £175 inc transport :shock: so i should get these by the end of next week. just looking for some of the Ferodo ds5200 pads that will fit.

karl

well the company in leeds has just told me they quoted me for the 312's :( and they cant do the 323's?? but i looked on e-bay again and CRN also list the discs i saw before as best offer also, i offered them £100 (being cheeky) and they refused that offer, but would sell me them for £120 8)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUPRA-R ... dZViewItem

also got some mintex pads for £28 delivered

karl

well the discs arrived from CRN performance today 8) and they are actually EBC discs. which is even better for the £120 i spent on them. they will be getting fitted hopefully this weekend as i'm still waiting for the pads to arrive :?