Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

MOT Rust Damage

Went for the MOT today and there was structural rust spotted on the sills near the front end. It failed on structural rust damage and a drivers side headlight alignment.

I was pleased it passed the emissions and alignment test, there

Another one with duff sills! People have been welding patches onto sills for decades mate, don't worry too much about it, just get it sorted and move on.

yeah i had a dodgy sill on my one a few years ago, this was caused by an owful bodykit with some sideskirts on, when i could finally afford to get them taken off we discovered a rusty sill and had to weld a new plate in, not really a problem and ive just had the car properly checked over for any rust etc, when i had my car resprayed and its stopped it dead.

Same here mate.

Had a hole in the side of mine! :shock:

But got it patched up and the side resprayed and had no problems since. Didn't help that a previous owner had tried to bodge it up and stop it rusting by using expanding foam!

i normally charge about £50-£60 for a patch-weld to a sill, that includes cutting out the rust, rust treatment, the welding/grinding/finishing, seam seal and stonechip/shultz,

Then it can be over-painted in the colour of your choice by a body/spray shop