Sign in to follow this  
rado-fever

ENGINE PROBLEMS -FUELING

hi guys

I own a 91 corrado 16v gti kr-engine code.ive rebuilt the engine(its taken ova 10 months!!) im having problems starting the car.few quetions

1. could any one provide wiring diagrams for this especially the engine side of it .not sure if i wired up correctly :(.and what votlage ,current and resistance i shud b getting( i think ther might b a short.

2. wat contralls the opening of airflow plate when vechile is cranking and also when u on the ignition to prime the injectors.

i put back all the induct pipes and took off 1 fuel injector,swiched on the ignition the fuel pump buzzed and then turned off there was no priming of the injector so i took off the induct pipes and lifted the airfow plate a little bit , the fuel squirted. while plate up i turned the ignition on and off it squirted. i let go of the air flow plate and switched on/off there was no fuel. why?

the same test i done above when i cranked the car i got the same results(that i had to lift the plate up with by hands in order to get the injector to squirt) why?

the timing is spot on ,the compression is 100% and theres is a very slight resistance felt when lifting the plate but not enough for me to think that its getting stuck and plate falls back in to place wen let go off

On the g/box end of the engine there are three single connectors. Placed around the outlet pipe. Looking at it, top left is Yellow/Red; bottom left is Green/Red; top right is Blue/White.

The single one 'just round the corner on the back' of the engine is Green/Black and fits the sensor sticking out the back just there.

(There are two earth wires connected to the top of the block just here as well, one is Brown/White and in the same sleeve as the sensor wire, other is Brown and comes down sleeve from the coil area).

The oil cooler has two sensors, front one is Yellow; back one is Blue/Black. There is an unused wire tied back which is Blue/White.

This helped me and boost monkey hugely, hope it does the same for you... :wink:

Where are you based? If you're not too far I could come lend a hand?

but yeah, I have sh*teloads of information as I just finished getting mine to work.

Drop me a PM with a mobile number if you like, am free all evening :thumb right:

thnx guys 4 u response.

im gonna bite the bullet and go for the metering unit .......spent all weekend checking it out!! . trying to source a 2nd hand unit or new one any ideas wat i shud b paying??

has any one got wiring diagrams for this?? 1.8 kr

BACK AGAIN......

OKAY IVE PUT THE METERING UNIT (2ND HAND ONE) THE CAR STARTED AND IS IDLING ROUGH ALSO ITS HUNTINIG(POS>> AIR LEAK) IM GONNA CHECK THIS OUT OVA THE WEEKND. BUT ONE QUESTION......THE CAR STARTS FINE ON COLD START BUT WITH THE ABOVE PROBLEMS BUT AFTER RUNNING 4 AROUN 10-20 MIN WHEN I TURN THE CAR OFF AND TRY SWITCH IT ON AFTER FEW MINS IT WANT START THERES NO FUEL AT THE INJECTORS. FUEL IS GOING INTO THE METERING HEAD UNDER HIGH PRESSURE(AS I LOOSEN THE BOLT FUEL SQUIRTS UNDER PRESSURE EVERYWHERE ) WHY IS THIS??

ALSO I PUT MY MATES METERING HEAD ON WHICH IS PERFECTLY FINE AS HE HIS USING IT AND HAS NO PROBLEMS, BUT WHEN I PUT HIS ON MY CAR THE SAME PROBLEM HAPPENED..... SO THAT CANCELS OUT THE METERING HEAD. I DOUBT THE FUEL PUMP ...........MAYBE WARM UP VAVLE OR ACCUMALATOR???? ANY IDEAS