Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Brembo Pad Change *New Q*

Right then finally decided to try and change the pads on my own for a change (fitting Ferodo DS2500 into Ibiza Brembo's).

Question is how the hell do you get the old pads out???

Got the pistons pushed back in

Got the clip off

But the 2 pins that go through the pads, do those come out, i cant get them off but it looks as though they should.

I'm sure i am missing something simple but i am well and truly stuck lol, as you can understand this is why i pay people to do things for me i just hate working on cars, but for a change i'm willing to learn all the ins and outs and do all i can now as it may well make me appreciate it more and give me the satisfaction of knowing i built what i could.

Simon

Cheers Dan

Brembo in bits.jpg[/attachment:bk4e3k20]

Basically the 2 silver pins hold the pads in, to me it looks like they should come out to get the pads off but i cant get them out?

you use a punch to knock them out usually from the front to back...tap them back in when done.

Depending how long they have been in there you will have to hit them hard,make sure copper slip is used when refitting

Great sounds interesting to do then, do they def only go 1 way though?

100_1279.jpg[/attachment:2zoxo1z4]

As can be seen in the pic on 1 end it is shaped different, well from what i can make out thats at the back of the caliper and from the front its like a watch strap pin kind of idea.

Well cheers guys, i'm off to take a hammer to my Brembo's.

Watch for a cheap set coming for sale very soon :lol:

Well i took the hammer to them and what do you know it worked so sorry guys there will not be a cheap set for sale now :lol:

On the brightside in the words of Tommy Cooper "just like that" i now have replaced my completely foobared pads for a nice set of DS2500 8)

Cheers for the help guys mucho appreciated although i'm still not convinced the whole working on your own car thing is a good idea, i'm glad i have done it but what a ballache, 4 hours from start to finish. :?

1 thing i did notice when i took the old pads out was the left side pads were slightly more worn than the right, left wheel were just starting to crumble away around the edges and the right wheel, well they were still in 1 piece still with probably say 500 miles left in them when the left whhel was completely worn to the point of just started to grind literally.

Is it normal, as the wear is nearly even on both sides, but when i brake it did sometimes pull slightly to the left, is there any way to adjust the front left right bias or is it nothing to worry about?