Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Anyone seen or know about that 400hpVR 4wd C that Dubsport..

Anyone seen or know about that 400bhp 4wd C that Dubsport did for a customer. I've heard bits and bobs about it but not seen any pics or heard anyone say anything detailed about it. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything???

Anyone seen or know about that 400bhp 4wd C that Dubsport did for a customer. I've heard bits and bobs about it but not seen any pics or heard anyone say anything detailed about it. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything???

look in the lane next to you at the Inters drag strip :wink:

regards

why lee? will you be there in a, ahem 400BHP 4wd C with ferrari biscuit leather iterior, to make EVERYONE jealous.

or you just funnin :lol:

why lee? will you be there in a, ahem 400BHP 4wd C with ferrari biscuit leather iterior, to make EVERYONE jealous.

or you just funnin :lol:

wish i did have 400bhp and 4x4. couple of years away yet.

cheers

There was a C being fitted with 4wd at Dubsport - it was on the ramps when the CCGB had it's rolling road day there in april/may, cant remember much about it though.

Its not my car so perhaps not my place to comment but a friend of mine saw it on the rollers there during last week, power was apparently in excess of 400 bhp and it sounded phenomenal. I have been watching its progress with great interest. I'm sure the owner will be a very happy man. :D

PhatVR6 has this "Yes, it's a 4WD Corrado VR6...." in his signiture, maybe start there?

No, but I can confess to selling dubsport a Rallye rear diff for this very project so I do know it is in progress.

Mines going to be 4WD, but not turboed. Well, not yet anyway :evil: But Dubsport won't be doing mine, I'll do it myself.

you'll know when mine is going 4WD, because the pics will be on here for everyone to see.

Shame you can't buy the syncro boot panels any more though, I bought the last few available last week :D

Well, the very last boot floor panel, as it was the only one available, and the remaining side panels, some of which my mate now has.

So I've got enough brand new panels to do my corrado, and also my mk2 syncro shell, which I may yet cut up as I need the garage space. Oh, and a Jetta syncro sat on the drive too!

I believe the performance side of things for this car are now finished. I won't spoil the owners glory by giving any clues about which car it is but it should soon become apparent when it gets used in anger. :shock:

470 BHP

480 lbs/ft Torque

Thats not exactly true yours is one serious project that will make the rest of us look like milk floats.

Just seen the 4WD turbo'd VR at Dubsport!!! 8) Looks like a wolf in sheeps clothing!! Wouldn't have known it had been seriously tweaked.... but jesus, was told it was one hell of a beast!!

That's what I like, subtle, under the skin mods.

That's the beauty of the C VR6. The only external clue to the power underneath is the little badge on the front/back and the five-stud wheels.

Even the exhaust note just sounds subtlely sporty, not in yer face.

That's why *I* haven't traded in for an RX-8 yet...

On a boring night in work I was looking through the general car chat and came across this. Good to see that the car thats in my drive now was talked about on this forum many moons ago. I'd definately agree with the wolf in sheeps clothing. She had her first outing today after about 7 weeks under a cover bar for 1 trip to the garage. overtook a truck on an A-road and went to change gear then realised I was in fifth already so much power even in top. Have to thank the original though as she lent her sis some battery juice :nuts: :nuts: :grin: :grin:

Always nice when you find old stuff about your car :D

Just out of interest, any idea how much it cost the prev owner to have a garage do that kind of work on a C and come out with that much power? Most VRTs seem to be done by owners who know their stuff and build them bit by bit, I can't imagine it's cheap to get it done on someone else's time :shock:

Remember watching it being built with great interest at the time. Was a very succesful project but I think the guy who commisioned it sold it on before getting the real benefit but had spent so much he didn't finish the last touches. At the time I wasn't wild about the fuel tank in the boot or the change to 4 stud but other than that it was very sorted, I think heat soak and cooling was the only thing holding it back at the time. I imagine it has been refined and further developed since.