Sign in to follow this  
be here now

funny runings

a thew probs with the old g60 at mo she started playing up last week sounds like its running on 3 pots when i start it up

for the first thew seconds then she ok the other prob is the revs always drop when u rev it or come to a junction then goes back to idle. an when i stopped at the trafic lights tonight i see my speedo bounce up an drop back dwn done that a thew times in 2 years ne idea,s would be welcome cheers

About it starting on 3, does the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition? if it doesnt thats perhaps your problem as my friends car used to do that, turned out to be a broken wire behind the fuse box. not sure what it was but it was a black wire.

ya i think so its been ok this week as it ant been so cold in the morning my fuel pump seems ok

but ill listen out for it might have been the problem but i think it was more to do with the realy cold mornings something more engine related but u never know with cars

I would suggest you need to change you leads, you might have one that is breaking down, when it warms up the tolerances reduce meaning that it runs. It is probable that it will get worse with time. While you are at it change the dizzy cap, rotor and spark plugs and that will cover all ignition bases.

The idle issue is classic Idle Stabilisation Valve (ISV) problems. They can get clogged up with oil mist, take it off and clean it with carb cleaner, or immerse it in petrol. Stick it back on and see how it is. If this does not fix it may be new ISV time but don't do that until you have the car set up properly first to eliminate potential low idle.

leads r 6 mounths old and r magnacore ones so i hope thay ant broke ill change the cap an rotor

thou an clean the isv this weekend c if that does it dnt know if this has anything to do with it but started it up today about 1 in the afternoon came to my junction went to pull away an she had no power for about couple of yards then the power came back i hate cars lol