Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Has Ultimate Dubs triggered thoughts of changes

Realised that my wheels are not filling the arches as well as they could - spacers now on order to rectify the issue

Few other bits of work identified from looking at other cars on display

Anyone else find their "to do" list got longer after the show?

Was only thinking this myself andy when i finally got her off the axle stands, can you get spacers for 17inch Rims..

:lol: Keeping up with "the pack" always happens after a good show, I saw some very nice cars, some of which already wear the mods i have waiting for mine when i get it back next week!

I personaly like the look af a standard (ish) car on phat rims with some subtle tweeks, i never try to compete with the original VW designers or change the outward appearance as imo it ruins the whole asthetics of what the car is or was designed to be

Joby - no problem, had a company recommended to me by several people who sell good quality hubcentric spacers made by a company called Delta Mic that are a fair bit cheaper than H&R, I have bought two sets for £84.00 delivered by courier.

Great service by phone, company is called AC Motorsport Services, tel. 01278 663699

Nope. Anything i'd like to do to the car to be of Ultimate Dubs standards is way out of reach of my finances!

Some decent cleaning stuff (clay bar, lime prime, dodo juice) is definately on the shopping list though :)

My list of things to do was already 2 sides of A4! :lol: The quality of the cars at the show was awesome and it made me realise how much Im missing mine...but ive gotta take my time and not rush things or Ill regret it later...

Graham

Jim - the claybar, Lime Prime and Dodo Juice wax will be great investments - your car has a decent shine on it anyway, the Dodo products will take it to another level

Andy, Rang AC Motorsport Services today and they said i had to check the depth of the rear spigot on the disc which measures roughly 15mm, did you have to do this? also i think 20mm on the back and 15mm front, what combination did you use! hope they will fit over my OZ 17 Rims..

Joby - yes I did have to check that measurement. My rear hubs have the longer bearing housing (about 16-17 mm topped by a chamfered edge), therefore was advised to go with 20mm spacers, can't remember the ET of my wheels but at 7" wide I think I'll get away with 20 mm spacers - I'll find out tomorrow :lol:

Certainly seem to be helpful guys though

I hope your going to do before and after pics :) Should look good on your corrado its a credit to you. I Will ring them tomorrow i think, Still a bit nervous about driving fast with spacers on though i must admit..

I think in the bad old days spacers were something to be avoided but with hubcentric spacers I don't think there is anything to worry about

Need to get my Arches done so the I can sit the car lower! Then go a bit wider on the rear!

Wish I could get my paintwork to look deeper though, some of the cars you can get lost in! Andy has the same dilemma.......What can we do???

I usually come away from shows feeling relieved and grateful my car doesn't look like other people's.

That was especially for you Andy as I know you love me so much :lol:

Kev - you're all heart :D

W3RKD - thanks for the comments, got very few remarks about the mirrors, perhaps they are almost too subtle, I like them so and don't do anything on the car purely to please others

Rado-Steve - don't think that there is much we can do with our paintwork, just have to accept that yellow is never going to get a real depth to the reflection - mine is better than last year, I think mainly down to better prep and using the Dodo Double Wax topped with a coat of Bannana Armour

Didn't spend that long looking at other cars at Ultimate Dubs but I was amazed at how many of them looked like "money no object" creations, whilst I enjoy looking at these and admire the quality of work the cars that I admire most are those that are either done on a budget or where there has clearly been a lot of time and thought invested by the owner - like the Mk1 Scirocco and the red Derby opposite the R8.

I was amazed by the corrado storm with the chrome bay etc @ UD...

as for spacers with 17's I ran them on my RC's never had problems..

Im pretty gutted my car wasnt at UD but undergoing some overdue changes.... :D

I was amazed by the corrado storm with the chrome bay etc @ UD...

as for spacers with 17's I ran them on my RC's never had problems..

Im pretty gutted my car wasnt at UD but undergoing some overdue changes.... :D

Cheers Bally

Need to get my Arches done so the I can sit the car lower! Then go a bit wider on the rear!

Spend a bit of time getting the stance right and your car will look spot on, nice to see a real set of LM's too!

Spend a bit of time getting the stance right and your car will look spot on, nice to see a real set of LM's too!

Yeah it's too high at the back, can't wind it down as my coilovers are siezed :(

the cars that I admire most are those that are either done on a budget or where there has clearly been a lot of time and thought invested by the owner

I agree. I don't like cars that have been sent off to be fettled with, collected and driven to a show. Much nicer when the owner's been up to thier balls in oil and paint building the car up.

Hang on... could this be a topic you and Kev agree on per chance? :D

I usually come away from shows feeling relieved and grateful my car doesn't look like other people's.

I've seen some foooking horrific "show" cars that look like they've come out of a serious taste vacuum.