Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

Dodo Juice Awesome Stuff

Just used the Dodo juice for the first time, this is Awesome stuff 8) Bought the Lime Prime pre wax cleaner , Blue Velvet Hard Wax , Purple Haze soft wax.

Lime primed the hole car, which took me a morning.Then used the Blue velvet hard wax , left it 24 hours then its time for the Purple haze soft wax.

This really gives it a real Wet Look :D

Used a good few waxs in my time but this is very good stuff.

UD 1 074.JPG[/attachment:12jaf60y]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfUD 1 070.JPG[/attachment:12jaf60y]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfUD 1 072.JPG[/attachment:12jaf60y]

Great stuff Shaun, I just used the clay bar all over first then the purple haze. What's the advantage of the blue velvet hard wax in between?

The dodo juice is great, not tried combining types before, might have to give it a whirl...

A1 VR6 - the Blue Velvet hard wax adds durability to the initial finish and just puts a different slant to the finish. I've tried different combinations and its quite interesting to see the different effects, current got the Double Wax (hard followed by soft wax) followed by a layer of Banana Armour and then a layer of Orange Crush

Great stuff Shaun, I just used the clay bar all over first then the purple haze. What's the advantage of the blue velvet hard wax in between?

Layering wax will give you better depth to the paint, gives it a wetter look and really brings out the pearl 8)

You can put 2 layers of hard wax and 1 layer of soft,but got to leave it 24 hours between coats.

It is amazing stuff, made all the difference to mine at U-Dubs and that was just the hard wax (3 coats). Gave the car a wash today and it still looked great so going to see how it lasts now.

I like the idea of trying different mixes of hard and soft, think I'll give that a go.

Mmmmm shiney..... :)

A1 VR6 - the Blue Velvet hard wax adds durability to the initial finish and just puts a different slant to the finish. I've tried different combinations and its quite interesting to see the different effects, current got the Double Wax (hard followed by soft wax) followed by a layer of Banana Armour and then a layer of Orange Crush

I bet that tastes nice :lol:

got my dodo jucie blue velvet sat here waiting to apply it to my car but i need a decent day so i can attack the car and get it washed and polished properly before donny! :D

Where would you store the car overnight if you dont have access to a covered location? My car would stay outside between coats so i would be worried about dust and crud adhering to the wax.

Where would you store the car overnight if you dont have access to a covered location? My car would stay outside between coats so i would be worried about dust and crud adhering to the wax.

Mines outside, without a cover, so yes you do have to be really careful not to rub anything in that settles overnight. Only done this process once, but seemed to go on OK without any problems. I carefully wiped the car down with a megs cloth before applying the second / third coat.

you apply the wax, let it cure for about 10-15mins, and then buff it off.

You then wait 24hours to apply another coat, this is to stop the shadowing effect from the wax.

the car doesn't have to be indoors, you can leave it outside for 24hrs and provided it hasn't rained and theres only dust on the car you can give the car a once over with quick detailer and then apply another layer of wax.

leaving the wax on the car for 24hrs is a bad idea as you will find it very hard to buff off, and also you'll be rubbing in anything that has settled onto the wax into the paint which can inflict scratches.

I've always had this school of thought, and its only now the message is coming out on the detailing forums, that is you achieve a much better finish making sure the paint is thoroughly prepared prior to the wax. So make sure you improve the finish of the paint the best you can before you apply the wax, through polishing.

In fact, does anyone want to guess how much the wax applied to this car below cost?

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

:wink:

If its Vintage about £1800 a pot, or I believe Royale is now about £7000 per pot. I had the other halfs Bora done with Vintage last year and the finish was simply stunning

Looks good mate! May have to give the combo a go, however my last wax experience was quite bad - was in a bit of a rush, got some turtle wax on my sunroof seal and roof strips which has made them turn a faded white! Still there to this day :( Slightly off topic, but does anyone know a good product to get rid of it?

I find a toothbrush is pretty good at getting wax residue off trim - great thing about Dodo Juice is you can apply it to virtually anything, including black trim without running into "white residue" problems

Andy very kindly sent me over a sample pack from his own collection of this stuff. I got a small bottle of Lime Prime, some Banana Armour and some Orange Crush to play with. Had a quick go on 1/3 of the bonnet (crap weather, and didn't have the right cloths to hand!) and couldn't believe the depth that the Orange Crush bought to the red paint! I stood over it and looked at the unwaxed bit (pale red) - then looked at the waxed bit and it was DEEP warm red with a noticable tinge of the orange. And that was with a single coat of the Orange Crush AND I only gave it a minute or two to cure...

I'm really looking forward to doing the whole car hopefully this coming Saturday, assuming the weather gets a grip of itself.

It was also interesting as I tried applying the wax by hand - it was pretty easy to do and seemed to give better results than when I tried it with a cloth?

BTW - your car looks spectacular Shaun.. really!

It's the dogs Jim, I had the same reaction when I first used it :)

Get yourself a sponge or terry applicator from Halford's, cheap as chips an very easy and quick to apply it with.

took these before donny when i washed and dodo juiced the car to get it ready.

rinsed it off with karcher

washed - megs nxt tech lambswool mitt)

rinsed again with karcher

clayed megs clay & last touch

scratch x all car was a right pain in the arse to get off

aglym super resin

chem guys EZ Glaze

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet - gonna get the purple haze to go underneath soon! :D

endurance tyre gel the trim and tyres - used a paint brush for the tyres and it worked really well

and the results

shiny6.jpg

shiny5.jpg

shiny4.jpg

shiny3.jpg

shiny2.jpg

shiny.jpg

:D really impressed with the dodo juice, brought it up really well

was pleased with myself for the results. shame i didnt get any decent pics in the sunlight :(

So this dodo juice is good stuff? If i go over my car with scratch x then super resin polish it, it looking brilliant. but then a week later the paint looks crap again, will the dodo make it last??

Well the SRP is great but it is just a polish. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of thing but as I understand it, you then need to seal in what the SRP has done. I've been using the Super Resin Polish followed up by the Extra Gloss Protection (Autoglym stuff also) and getting good results - think it either comes in a bottle with a black or gold label. After you've done the SRP just go round with the EGP and apply with a soft cloth and let it dry on for a good hour or so before removing it. It does work really well.

Without the EGP my car (red!) fades a heck of a lot quicker than it does with it.