Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

keeping obsolete service history / paperwork?

I have a huge pile of paperwork that came with Ron, which is cool, but thumbing through it there's a lot of stuff that is not applicable any more:

receipts for engine work/parts - engine was swapped late last year, so there's no point keeping stuff from before summer 2007.

consumables - receipts for brake discs/pads, tyres, cables, TREs, LBJs, etc etc.

Do you guys keep it all together or bin it? I don't really see the point of keeping paperwork for parts that aren't even on the car anymore.

Opinions?

I keep absolutely everything (as did the previous owners of my rado)

Takes up very little space once put in a ring binder, and it's nice to see that I've got every receipt for all the work done on the car dating back over 18yrs now! Can only help with showing that the car has been well maintained over its lifetime 8)

Personally I keep everything- I appreciate the point about engine work receipts prior to an engine swap, however it gives a prospective an idea of the continuous care and attention that the cars had

I have kept every receipt since new. It looks quite impressive when all put together and laminated in a folder. It shouldl help to sell the car IF ever the time comes.

i keep everything. it just goes to show that the car has been well looked after and has had the parts changed if you ever came to sell it. my folder is about 25-30 pages thick and its got the recipt for the purhcase of it from a garage think it was 1999 this guy paid £9000 for it! lol :) i keep everything, ive still got boxes for some stereo stuff i dont own any more dunno why i havent binned em. ive got a reciept for a clifford alarm that sint even on teh car anymore :confused4: lol

Same I keep every recipt for her. Be it small bits from the stealers or bits from halfords they all go in the folder..........If nothing else it is good if you ever (god forbid) have to make an insurance claim.

Mine normally line the passenger footwell until I take them out the car, and they line my bedroom floor.

Put it this way, my VR has full VWSH until 2005/2006. The car is fooked in every concievable way. the reciepts have no bearing on the car in it's current state, and clearly will ave less bearing on the car in the future.

I also feel sad when I add the totals up. Must be pushing £6k of parts now...

Yeah, I hear the Hedge option that VW offered back in the 90s has finally bit you in the áss?

Still, if you could be bothered/wanted to strip it you'd get some £££ back for sure.

Yeah, I hear the Hedge option that VW offered back in the 90s has finally bit you in the áss?

Still, if you could be bothered/wanted to strip it you'd get some £££ back for sure.

The hedge is the best place for sleepy VWs... ;)

If I was goign to strip it it would have been when I first bought it. I think I've killed enough Corrados now ;) I fell for the VR noise when I tried it up and down the lane, and will make it into a good runaround again, besides I've spent too much on bits and talked to much sh!te about rebuilding it to not do it now...

I usually eat mine

HTH

got any good receipes?

mine always turns out a bit "papery" to the taste