Sign in to follow this  
plymouthmad

hi im new!!

Hi im new to the Carrado scene,so please be nice to me lol! Hopefully i habe posted this i the right section

I currenly drive a 91' Red G60 which used to belong to bloke on here called g60dan? I think you will all no what it looks like but i will try and post some pics up of it. When i get some!!

He sold it to a bloke from swindon who then sold it to me! I got it for a good price as it had left wing and door damage!! :(

My name is Phil and i live in Swindon

Hey Phil,

:wave:

Welcome to the forum. I had a 91 G60 but my rubbish previous job forced me to sell it as the commute was unjustifiable in its expense. I'm sure you'll love your new car. My G was the best car I've ever owned and I've had a LOT of dubs. What were you driving before?

Joe

My name is Phil and i live in Swindon

Welcome again :)

My name is Bill and I live in St Andrews :wave:

Cool! I was sriving a Toyota Starlet 1.3Turbo which i loved but like VW's better to be honest.

Was thinking about taking the rado off the road and rebuilding it but not to sure yet?! :shrug:

Was thinking about taking the rado off the road and rebuilding it but not to sure yet?! :shrug:

That depends mate. How much money and/or spare time and/or patience do you have? :D Only joking. I wish I had been able at the time to go down the road of rebuilding mine when I had it. How bad is the damage?

to be honest not that bad! just a dent on the front wing with a scratch going down the door and a scratch about 4cm long on the rear wing, also a bit of laquear peel above the rear window. getting the whole side done for £250. Looking forward to it!

yeah you could say that! I know there isnt a carrado haynes manual at all, is there a alternative, is there another vw with the same type engine? :scratch:

hey there, remember that car 8)

golf G60 were lhd had the same engine

rallye (4wheels drive wide arch) golf lhd with same engine but different block i think

pretty sure there were passat G60 too

loads of info on here for G60`s though sure youll have fun

yeah you could say that! I know there isnt a carrado haynes manual at all, is there a alternative, is there another vw with the same type engine? :scratch:

Pick up a secondhand Bentley manual, usually around £30-40

Ace! will have to look! Well i think i have decided to take it off the road to rebuild when the car runs out of tax! maybe uprade the bottom end?! Any suggestions?

cheers

Phil :?