Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

god i give up with my car, had enough!!!!

You dont have to join because they dont really tell you any more than the doctor does. The blood sample that the botnar research centre in oxford needs is independant of the nas society. I too spent a month in hospital doing hydrotherapy and stuff to get me moving and I had a meeting at the hospital with sufferers who have the disorder really bad. The were really hunched over and stiff. Nothings going to make me do the exercises better than seeing what you could become!

Last time I had physio they were getting me to do breathing exercises. Breathing into the upper chest area because the inflammation can spread from the spine into the rib tendons so you have to keep them loose too. I was sceptical but it makes me feel better. And yes, I have done the superman thing in the past!!

Also if you have any trouble with your eyes at all get them checked out. Blood shot and painful are the signs. AS makes us vulnerable to inner eye infections which hurt like hell. Get it seen to early and its eye drops and tablets. Leave it late and its injections into the eye which makes me want to puke!!

i hope you havent been unfortunate to have what i had, AS can lead to eye problems, iritis, i had it once, i went to hospital, they gave me drops, week later and it wasnt any better, so i went back, and they said 'right we're going to have to give you a stronger dosage' so i was like, cool, double the amount of times i put the drops in my eye, oooooh no, they sat me in a chair, tilted my head back, and gave me an injection....IN MY EYE BALL! Its the freakiest thing ive ever had done, and i couldnt close my eye to not look at it!

I know. sounds like my story exactly! Athough I avoided the injection but it was a close run thing. We are similar in so many ways.

walesy- thats Tim's jack/stand thing isnt it? think he took all the pics down from public forums for the mo as he might be able to get a patent on it or something? unless theyre new pics hes posted up, in which case ignore me hehe

walesy- thats Tim's jack/stand thing isnt it? think he took all the pics down from public forums for the mo as he might be able to get a patent on it or something? unless theyre new pics hes posted up, in which case ignore me hehe

:eek:

Yes it is and nice one for that! I assumed he'd have had all of that sorted out by now, the forum I saw it on isn't public allthough I thought he'd posted on others that were public, to get market research!

Anyway, cheers again - i've removed the pics! :lol: