Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

16V G60

I'm looking for a good project for the summer.

Anyways, if I wanted to make my rado into a 16v G60, what would I need? Would I need the entire engine block, or just the head (I know my terms are probably all messed up :lol:)

Hi traverse,head over to the 16v FI thread.Have a read through and then post any questions you are not clear on there.

:thumbleft:

also look at yandards,flusteds,jezzag60's build threads.you will see there is no one fixed path for this conversion. 8)

So I'll need to get the full 16v motor, right? It looks like some still have the G60 motor in them and they claim it's a 16v, while others seem to have a completely different motor...

So I'll need to get the full 16v motor, right? It looks like some still have the G60 motor in them and they claim it's a 16v, while others seem to have a completely different motor...

No you don't need a full 16v engine,but some feel that it makes a better base for this platform due to the engine blocks breathing setup.

It is the bottom end that tends to differ alot from install to install.

This is a must read if you are serious.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread ... 212&page=1

and again I would put all your questions in the 16v forced induction thread.It helps others later on if these queries are all in one place.

ta.

No you don't need a full 16v engine,but some feel that it makes a better base for this platform due to the engine blocks breathing setup.

It is the bottom end that tends to differ alot from install to install.

This is a must read if you are serious.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread ... 212&page=1

and again I would put all your questions in the 16v forced induction thread.It helps others later on if these queries are all in one place.

ta.

Thanks a bunch sir.

I'll start posting all my questions over there, so this can be locked down! :)

I was told from a very well respected source that its better to start the conversion from a 16v engine 1st then convert that to FI as you have more of the parts that you need in that engine then starting with a G60 engine.

I was told from a very well respected source that its better to start the conversion from a 16v engine 1st then convert that to FI as you have more of the parts that you need in that engine then starting with a G60 engine.

Yeah, that's what I've found out, and that's probably the route I'm going to take. Plus it looks cooler :lol: