Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

LED's in switches

How do I change them? I know I have to be handy with a soldering gun... Also, what kind of bulbs do I put in? I'm looking to attempt to change the colors of them..

i was thinking of doing this too, i know you can get 3mm leds which run off 12volts but how would you get by the coloured ring within the switch itself?

for example if i wanted to turn my switches blue but there is a green ring inside the switch?

i was thinking of doing this too, i know you can get 3mm leds which run off 12volts but how would you get by the coloured ring within the switch itself?

for example if i wanted to turn my switches blue but there is a green ring inside the switch?

You could probably find some kind of clear plastic, although if the plastic is what gives the actual color it seems like it would be much easier to just change that than the bulb.

I think Torsten has done this maybe check out his threads/ride.

or http://www.oichan.org - click on My Corrado, then Mods and there's a walkthru (albeit in Japanese) with some pics of how to do interior lights and reverse gauges/led displays.

i tried to do this :? after burning the crap out of my finger tips with the soldering iron, swearing all the time, and throwing my toys well and truly out the cot. i gave up, and bought some already done off e-bay :)

but if someone with more patience/smaller fingers wants to do my sunroof/mirror/heated switchs, wants to do them for me?? i will pay you 8)

karl

i tried to do this :? after burning the crap out of my finger tips with the soldering iron, swearing all the time, and throwing my toys well and truly out the cot. i gave up, and bought some already done off e-bay :)

but if someone with more patience/smaller fingers wants to do my sunroof/mirror/heated switchs, wants to do them for me?? i will pay you 8)

karl

Oooh, might be up for this (as he here's the sound of money). I did mine and am happy to have the odd burnt finger :lol: What were you thinking in terms of colours as some things (like red) work better than others due to the brightness of the LED's available. The only difficult one is the heated seat switch - I never found a way of doing that with and LED and resorted to colouring the glass of the bulb in the end.

well sorry if I use some non-english words :D

you should take a look at this:

for example, if you use a 12V DC, you have to know that maybe it goes up to 14,5V when the battery is being charged.

if you use blue led ( it was my case :D ), they usually work at 3,2V (make sure of it!!), with an intensity (

JMC - interesting you should say that! How much for the windows, headlight, sunroof, fog and rear heater? I think thats them all. Maybe there might be one more I've forgotten - will need to check

you can find on ebay hong-kong, 100 blue leds at 6&inc. shipping...

and only need about 7-8 resistors, since window switches (x3) don't need a resistor

JMC - interesting you should say that! How much for the windows, headlight, sunroof, fog and rear heater? I think thats them all. Maybe there might be one more I've forgotten - will need to check

late spec rearview mirrors as well. Headlight adjusters if you have them, heated seats if you have them :)

well I see no one comments nothing about muy tutorial, maybe it is not useful? should I remove it?

well I see no one comments nothing about muy tutorial, maybe it is not useful? should I remove it?

No, leave it, I have it bookmarked!

No, leave it, I have it bookmarked!

ok, thanks. However, I thought some one would say it was found useful...

would be something i think id rather buy "done" than do myself. especailly after reading that post above lol! :p