Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Mk4 Golf rear caliper bleed nipple...

....they don't have an opposite thread on them do they? The ones I've got are stick solid, and I'm worried I'm gonna round the bugger off. HELP!! :shrug:

That would be seriously retarded if they are.

try plusgas and leave them for a while.

If the caliper is off the car, I may tell you my patented nipple removal technique! So far, 4 old 91 calipers off and zero breakages... :lol:

just ran out of WD40....think I need to get the mussis to buy some in town. Is WD40 as good as plusgas?

having used both, I'd say no imo. WD40 is good as a lubricant, but plusgas is an awesome penetrant. You should be able to find it in a local factors, might need to hunt around a bit though.

Nope. The bleed nipple is a normal bolt type thing so should just need a good quality tool and some plus gas to tackle it!

Cheers guys.....Right plusgas it is. I do have a proper brake pipe spanner. Think I need a six sided 11mm socket though. Only got those multi sided ones :(

i use a multi-sided 11mm spanner no probs, but if you've started rounding you might wanna try a ten or perhaps a bolt-grabber?

Normal thread... it bi metal corrosion and overtightening which is causing them to fail - dealers are changing them all the time now!

Normal thread... it bi metal corrosion and overtightening which is causing them to fail - dealers are changing them all the time now!

I bloody hope it doesn't fail, I've just sold the standard one off that side. :censored: