Sign in to follow this  
nickycooke

What is this

emmm, that's a pic of the whole rhs of the head! :scratch:

I'm going to take a guess that you are referring to the part with the two metal fuel lines and the grey two pin plug? that's the warm up regulator! :wink:

The thermostat is on the other side of the engine completely. It's on the lhs of the engine as you look from the front. Down low beneath the alternator, you can see a couple of coolant pipes. The thermostat is in a plastic 90 deg angled pipe section right down at the bottom of these pipes, close to the top of the sump!

The car seems to have a leak comming from this side of the engine but i can't quiet seem to find exactly where...

Sorry about the pic.... Think i'll book it into garage...

What kind of leak?

If it's coolant, it could be the big metal pipe which runs down the right hand side of the engine block.

If it's fuel, it would be from either the warm up reg or possibly the cold start valve, but you'd know if you had a petrol leak i would think.

i have a leak where i have arrowed.....its a cheap and easy fix if its there......although mine is still sitting in the glovebox 3 weeks on :oops:

yeah flanges are easy to change, making sure you don't tear an old hose or crack the super fragile metal water pipes is where the skill comes in!

Ahh, if only you lived in Glasgow boostmonkey.....i'd always be round at yours......for technical help i may add......nothing dodgy :D