Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

6 branch manifold

It maybe worth starting another thread for orders, see if anyone else wants to join the GB.

do it mate start a group by feeler thread mate :nuts:

Kip, you say they dont normally deal with the public. So they will sell large amounts of the stuff to companies etc. Do you think there's any likelyhood they'll give a discount if were to do a group buy. After all the amount we want would still be relatively small in comparison to what they'll to companies. I'm just thinking albeit we can buy 'X' amount for a group buy, a discount may not be possible.

It may be the case that they wouldn't give discount but they'd probably be more willing to deal with us if we order in one go.

I wouldn't even begin to attempt it on the car, you'll end up taking longer and it'll involve lots of bad language!

What happened lads? The GB thread is dead so I can't track the progress there.

Did you all get some of this stuff and how is it 2 years on?

What happened lads? The GB thread is dead so I can't track the progress there.

Did you all get some of this stuff and how is it 2 years on?

wow has it been 2 years since this thread. :shock:

I was on the brink of ordering until it was realised that the wrap that i wanted, which consisted of 2 seperate layers, it wouldnt go round the manifold easily. So i decided to not get it, however i was still willing to order... though no one else wanted any either.

I was on the brink of ordering until it was realised that the wrap that i wanted, which consisted of 2 seperate layers, it wouldnt go round the manifold easily. So i decided to not get it, however i was still willing to order... though no one else wanted any either.

Yeah the search function resurrects old threads! :)

I have my 6 branch sitting here. All shiny and new. But I don't know what to wrap it with or whether I even need to.

Thought about getting it coated but that is gonna cost way too much.

So any recommendations?

Yeah the search function resurrects old threads! :)

I have my 6 branch sitting here. All shiny and new. But I don't know what to wrap it with or whether I even need to.

Thought about getting it coated but that is gonna cost way too much.

So any recommendations?

I just bought some for my 6 branch, I would certainly not recommend fitting it without, it just gets far to hot.

Bought mine from here http://www.exhaustwrapshop.com/default.aspx I got the thermo-tec wrap, one at 2" x 50' and one 2" x 15', I also bought the stainless ties and one can of the high temperature spray, £130 all in posted, couldn't find it any cheaper

Yeah its not cheap. Though i bought two 2" x 50ft wrap packs and only used the one. Billcor you may want to get some silicone spray too to water proof it. I wouldnt fork out for the metal ties as i thought they were a rip off. Instead i bought a roll of copper wire and wrapped it in that.

Yeah its not cheap. Though i bought two 2" x 50ft wrap packs and only used the one. Billcor you may want to get some silicone spray too to water proof it. I wouldnt fork out for the metal ties as i thought they were a rip off. Instead i bought a roll of copper wire and wrapped it in that.

Its all bought and fitted, the HT spray also seals against liquids, I pretty much used the whole 65feet on mine, around 12-18 inches left, never thought about copper wire :bonk:

Wrapped the downpipes with the stuff. it's expensive but very good. Just grap some copper out of household electrical wire to tie it with.

Yeah that's the stuff Kev, I can't remember what happened about the group buy though.