Sign in to follow this  
scarlet_vr6

bodyshops in north Hampshire

anyone know any good bodyshops in hampshire, pref nearish to Basingstoke? Someone reversed into my car today and I want a quote for getting it repainted. I don't know any bodyshops in the area, nevermind if they're decent ones or not.

Any help gratefully received, I want to get this sorted asap.

TIA

:(

That's bad news. Where did it get hit? Try Sandydown body shop between Stockbridge and Winchester.

bad luck fay, hope its not too bad and maybe gives you a chance to get any other bits done that you wanted to do too?

are the phirm's bodyshop an option as well?

Sheesh Fay - is your Corrado cursed or something? :(

Good luck getting it all tidied up.

yeah it does feel like that sometimes Jim! Things come in 3s don't they? :pale:

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll give them both a call tomorrow

Thats bad luck Fay :( Same thing happened to me last year. The said neighbour drove off without even mentioning it but luckily a friend had witnessed it all and the neighbours hubbie admitted that the description of the car matched his wifes car. She later said she had not realised she had hit my bumper but even more luckily it was a company car and they paid up without a quibble. Very minor damage really but £260 to put right!

Hope you get it sorted soon. Keep a record of all conversations, dates etc as this will make any arguements you might need to present more convincing.

Vaughan

thanks for the advice Vaughan, that's def a good call. A record like that would help and with the photos as well, hopefully I'll get it sorted. Lucky that your friend witnessed yours being damaged and glad to here it was sorted easily. Not sure this one will be but fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear about this, I've found of late people seem to care less and less about other peoples cars, as I know to my own expense.

The main insurance preferred bodyshop around this part of the world is BP Rolls, their prices are fairly reasonable and from what I've heard do rather impressive work. If you're looking for a more lost cost option I've got another couple of contacts at the VW bodyshop in Andover, top blokes and good value too.

thanks Ross. BP Rolls are one of our customers - I wonder if they'll do me a good deal?! I've been to VW in Basingstoke, just have to wait for the written quote to come through the post now..