Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Ceramic performance coating

Hi all,

As you may or may not know, i have recently bought a 6 branch manifold. I was going to heat wrap it with something like Cooltek. However i may now instead get it ceramically coated.

I have just one price list below as an example. I didnt realise there were different 'groups'. Any idea which group i should be going for. Obviously its going to be the for the V6. Anyone else had this done already and which group i should go to. What kind of temperatures would be going through the manifold?

http://www.camcoat.u-net.com/Exhtprices2002.htm

Thanks

Looking at that list its the top 1 you want satin black just external will be fine, i would have thought hitting 1000c would mean your having major problems or have 1 big feck off turbo on there.

There is also the white ceramic coating, seen tubular turbo exhaust manifolds done in this so that may be a hotter rating than the black coating, i dont know?

afaik exhaust temperatures at the manifold will be around 300 deg Celcius, but don't quote me on that. Depends if you're sitting on the redline all day or not.