Sign in to follow this  
jamminvr6storm

Chargecooler pipe - any good ??

I have seen this on the bay and after doing a search on here I havent found any info....

I dont see that this can be as effective as a proper chargecooler as the cooling is only done around the outside of the pipe rather then forcing the air through a chilled matrix inside. The guy who produces them says they can be used in conjunction with a chargecooler or on their own...

They are cheaper then any chargecooler ive seen and according to the guy who makes them he can make bends and reducers (basically a bespoke system) and flow water through all of it!

I wanted to post it up and see the general reaction... 8)

It's worth a go! Probably better than nothing. Once the prerad, pump, resevoir and water lines are in place, it won't be a huge amount of work adding a normal chargecooler at a later date!

It will cool the air inside but how effective that is is a different story.

Problem is going to be the airspeed velocitiy through the pipe, if you could get all you pipework bar a couple of silicon bends at the charger outlet and TB (to absorb vibration and reduce the loading on the solid pipework) then it should make a healthy impact.

im running a devils own injection kit cost £175. i say running, i havent used it yet as my charger went pop

im running a devils own injection kit cost £175. i say running, i havent used it yet as my charger went pop

Been looking at their site, they seem pretty cost effective. Is your kit the universal stage 1?

Shame you havent had the chance to actually use it yet as I was gonna ask what you thought of it....

the kit itself seems very good, it has all quick release fittings and a very good qaulity pump. I diy'd a kit once using a headlight washer pump and cold start injector, used to drop inlet temps instantly by about 8degrees, only prob was the injector used to sieze :lol:

heres a short vid of the devils own injector working on my system

Nice bay btw flusted :D

It looks like a good little set up............... has anyone else used a Devils Own system ?

It will cool the air inside but how effective that is is a different story.

Problem is going to be the airspeed velocitiy through the pipe, if you could get all you pipework bar a couple of silicon bends at the charger outlet and TB (to absorb vibration and reduce the loading on the solid pipework) then it should make a healthy impact.

Thats the problem, I was thinking of just changing the pipe between my charger and the TB for a watercooled one (thats the only boost pipe i have on my V9 set up) although with the associated costs of the pump, pre-rad etc... I could probably get a water injection set up.....

Think i need to do a bit more research!