Sign in to follow this  
cardboard

changine steering rack boot? help needed

is this an easy job with the vehicle having power steering? do i need to drain the fluid etc?

wha is the procedure?

do you need any special tools or anything?

thanks

you should just be able to undo the track rod end where it connect to the wheel end (hub?) then it slides over the whole thing.

i just cable tied mine on, as the metal clips were useless

what corsa boy said. Just make sure you don't get any gunk inside there as the innards of the rack are located there and should still be greased up.

Grease is only available from Germany at the moment, I had to special order mine.

comes in a big tube and costs ~£6 ish, see my PAS rack rebuild thread for more info :salute:

cheers guys i wasnt sure if it looked like this or anything?

found this pic on the web and it confused me a lot!

track_rod_large.gif

i dont need any tools or anything then i just undo the track rod end at the hub and slide the old boot off and put the new one on. i take it it looks something like this??

PB240020.jpg

thanks

cheers guys i wasnt sure if it looked like this or anything?

found this pic on the web and it confused me a lot!

track_rod_large.gif

i dont need any tools or anything then i just undo the track rod end at the hub and slide the old boot off and put the new one on. i take it it looks something like this??

PB240020.jpg

thanks

Firstly, that definitely isn't a Corrado steering rack! the track rods come out of each end. Stick your head under the car and you'll see what I mean.

if you're taking the track rods completely off you'll need a ball joint seperator and some decent spanners to get it away from the track rod.

hth,

Jon.

p.s. see my thread damn it!!!!1111oneone

scratch all of that, the wheelarch picture you posted doesn't look like a corrado one, at least the hubs are different? very odd.

More info needed cardboard!

lol sorry the car is at my parents currently so was unable to have a look. i just pulled those pictures of the web.

all i need to do is replace the near side steering rack gaitor for the MOT and thats it. :D

sorry i have been at work and my tcf breaks are short and few and far between so havent had the time to locate or read your thread yet

it doesnt now i was going to go home next weekend to do this prior to selling but i am unable to now. so it will just have to go as is. thanks for your help though